[SOLVED] Arduino WiFi Shield can't connect to any server

I have Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino Genuine WiFi Shield and I try Blynk example Arduino_WiFi, so there is what i got

[0] Connecting to wlElstudija…
[10001] My IP: 192.168.10.54
[10002] Blynk v0.3.1
[10002] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[19035] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[28039] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[37042] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[46046] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[55049] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[64053] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[73056] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[82060] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[91063] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[100067] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[109070] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[118074] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
[127078] Connecting to яloud.blynk.cc:8442
And continue…

So why it’s doesn’t work as expected?

this looks like wrong address…
Didn’t you change anything in code? Can you try re-installing the library?

I am too think that it was strange that in cloud “C” letter place is that я
I have nothing change in the code. I have paste clean just now downloaded new library.

After that I was try to replace in example code

this
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

with this
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, “blynk-cloud.com”, 8442);

but result what I see in Serial monitor is the same!

Ok, I have check the same example on another computer and there all is right with letter, but still can’t connect. :pensive:

[0] Connecting to wlElstudija3…
[10001] My IP: 192.168.0.100
[10002] Blynk v0.3.1
[10003] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[21033] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[31037] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[41040] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[51043] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[61044] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[71047] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[81049] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[91052] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[101054] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[111056] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[121059] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[131060] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[141063] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[151065] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442

Still can’t connect to blynk cloud with Genuine WiFi Shield, please help.

Can you make it work without Blynk?

Please take a look at connection troubleshooting guide: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/docs/Troubleshooting.md#connection

Hope this helps…

It is connect to router, but when I try WiFiWebClient example, seems it was not connecting don’t know why. I also try vymanskyy suggestion, i can connect thru PC telnet to cloud.blynk.cc
I am very tired by searching at least one working WiFi solution for Arduino to run Blynk. I am spend about 2 weeks on this and I have no luck. At first I was trying ESP8266 as shield for arduino. No luck, no one can help with it. Second I read that one WiFi solution with which is no problems is Arduino Genuine WiFi Shield, I was buy it for big money and there it is - Doesn’t works! Next I have already buy C3000 (now waiting for it comes, last hope). Only one time I have be connected to blynk, and it was with wired Ethernet shield. But I need WiFi!!! Can some one help me with run Blynk on WiFi? May be some stable solution to go WiFi with arduino?

We hear your frustration. WiFi should work. I use WildFire boards, ESP, Particle Photon and Core.

All of them are working correctly. We haven’t checked the Genuine WiFi board yet

You should explain step-by-step what you are doing.

telnet works - good news.
now could you tell us more why WiFiWebClient doesn’t work?
Also, try re-starting your wifi router, it might help…

Why WiFiWebClient doesn’t works, I am realy don’t know. I found 1 year old post in Arduino forums, with similar trouble, but there I wasn’t find solution. I always think that genuine Shields need to work perfect as expected.
I was try with two diferent routers, and on booth Ethernet shield (with RJ45 wire) works perfect. But WiFi shield doesn’t connect to cloud.blynk.cc

Step-by-step
I have genuine Arduino Uno R3 with genuine WiFi Shield on it. I load in Arduino basis Blynk Arduino_WiFi example (with just changet token, ssid, pass) and it does’t works.
When I connect with Arduino Uno R3 and with Arduino Ethernet Shield on it and load basic blynk example Arduino_Ethernet, so it is only one shield which works for me.

Please try WiFiWebClient example from Arduino library…

As I say befor, I was try it and it doesn’t connects
There is simple WiFiWebClient

Attempting to connect to SSID: wlElstudija3
Connected to wifi
SSID: wlElstudija3
IP Address: 192.168.0.106
signal strength (RSSI):-68 dBm

Starting connection to server…

disconnecting from server.

We are really sorry to hear that, but we can’t help here. Maybe smth is wrong with the shield, maybe smth else.

You should post on Arduino forum or try to connect with their support…

I was having trouble with the wifi shield initially too. Did you update it? It didn’t work for me until I did so

@Janis, he meant this: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Hacking/WiFiShieldFirmwareUpgrading

2 Likes

Yes, I have update it by this example but still not working :pensive:

Janis

I have the latest Arduino software, the latest WiFi shield firmware and the latest Blynk library and I encounter the same issue as you. When connecting to the server, instead of saying connecting to could.blynk.cc the Serial reports it is trying to connect to ?loud.blynk.cc which of course will not work.
I managed to work around the issue with two steps. Under WiFi credentials add 1 line.

// Your WiFi credentials
char ssid[] = “YourNetworkName”;
char pass[] = “YourPassword”;
IPAddress ip (45,55,195,102);

Under void setup, comment the first line, uncomment the last and replace server_ip and port for ip and 8442.

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
//Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
// Or specify server using one of those commands:
//Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, “server.org”, 8442);
Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass, ip, 8442);
}

4 Likes

Hi,

I’m using a UNO board.
a quick question about the Arduino ethernet shield you used originally, I don’t want to waste money on something that won’t work.
Does it need a POE module to connect like here? - https://store.arduino.cc/product/A000075

or is this one ok without POE module to get connected online?

also re: WiFi shield is this the one you are both using?

Arduino have discontinued it. or is there a more up to date version?
any help appreciated, thanks.

Hello Stack

POE means “Power Over Ethernet” which means that the board can potentially be powered via the same network cable that will be used to communicate with it. But that only works if the cable is coming from a device that supplies that power, otherwise the POE module does nothing special and it is cheaper (and more compact) to buy a shield without a POE module. I used both in the past and both work really well.

Your link points to the exact WiFi module I have. It is now “really” old and obsolete but you can get the new one here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoWiFiShield101 if you want to get your Uno connected without a computer attached to it. Or you can buy the Arduino Yùn that has its own integrated Wifi module plus many other functionalities you can explore. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardYun

Cheers