SmartFarm_DeepSleep for ESP32 and ESP8266

I’ve seen many people are still interested in DeepSleep.

Just put the SmartFarm_DeepSleep project onto GitHub. The DeepSleep code has been tested several months and very reliable.

The water pump is controlled by the soil moist, measured either by preferably capacitive or resistive moist sensor.

Please note that the MaxDeepSleep Time in ESP8266 is very short, around 220 minutes or less. This features has been automatically taken care and adjusted in the code.

The new features are as folows:

# SmartFarm_DeepSleep Project for ESP8266, ESP32

## SmartFarm_DeepSleep demonstrates how to use DeepSleep in ESP32 and ESP8266

In the sample project, you can use these features:

1. Deep Sleep in ESP8266 and ESP32, with configurables DeepSleep time. 
2. Configurable sensor type, without having to rewrite code such as DHT type (DHT11,DHT22, AM2302, MW33, etc.), Soil Moist Sensor type (Capacitive, Resistive). 
3. Many configurable parameters, such as alarm setpoint, pump running setpoint, etc... 

2a_QR

Updated

SmartFarm_DeepSleep Project for ESP8266, ESP32

SmartFarm_DeepSleep demonstrates how to use DeepSleep in ESP32 and ESP8266

In the sample project, you can use these features:

1. Deep Sleep in ESP8266 and ESP32, with configurables DeepSleep time.
  2. Configurable sensor type, without having to rewrite code such as DHT type (DHT11,DHT22, AM2302, MW33, etc.), Soil Moist Sensor type (Capacitive, Resistive).
  3. Many configurable parameters, such as alarm setpoint, pump running setpoint, etc…

Menu-based Configurable Parameters

1. Degree

• a. Celcius
    • b. Fahrenheit
  2. Pump Mode

• a. Auto & Notice
    • b. Auto
    • c. Manual & Notice
    • d. Manual
  3. DHT Type

• a. Auto Detect
    • b. DHT11
    • c. MW33
    • d. DHT22
    • e. AM2302
    • f. RHT03
  4. Moist Alarm Interval

• a. No Alarm
    • b. Every 1 hour
    • c. Every 6 hrs
    • d. Every 24 hrs
  5. Soil Moist Sensor Type

• a. Resistive
    • b. Capacitive

Other configurable parameters

1. Minimum Air Temperature Alarm
  2. Maximum Air Temperature Alarm
  3. DHT Adjustment %
  4. Moist Adjustment %
  5. Minimum Air Humidity Alarm
  6. Maximum Air Humidity Alarm
  7. Dry Soil Humidity % for Running Pump
  8. Time Pump Running in seconds
  9. Dry Soil Humidity % Alarm
  10. Wet Soil Humidity % Alarm
  11. Interval between DeepSleep in minutes
  12. DeepSleep Time in minutes

Control Buttons

1. Restart
  2. Force DeepSleep

More in the README.md file:

10 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: Amazing work… Good UI

:clap: very nice

1 Like

Great work, it’s possible share again the qr code is not working.

Cumps.

That QR code is created on Local Blynk Server.

1. If you need to run the project on Blynk Cloud Server, you need quite a bit of Energy. Buy more Energy if you don’t have enough.

2. You might need to connect you phone to local/home WiFi to have better speed. Sometimes, local phone providers could block certain necessary ports and/or speed is not fast enough.

3. The best thing you can do is to create a Local Blynk Server, which requires lot of time, some knowledge and works to finish. But your Energy is not limited.

4. The worst case if you can not do anything to solve the issue, just create the project from the images, step-by-step. All are basic widgets.

1 Like

I have energy, the blynk when read the qr code, retrieve a message “not a valid blynk qr code”. If you don’t want share no problem.

Hello, khoi! Do you have time to update QR-code? The present link is NOT valid for today. Thank You.

Try this QR (using CellPhone/Tablet connected to Local WiFi, instead of LTE / 3G)

2b_QR

or on GitHub (https://github.com/khoih-prog/SmallProjects/blob/master/SmartFarm_DeepSleep/pics/SmartFarm_v1.0.2b_QR.JPG)

This QR is also created on my Local Blynk Server. I’m not sure you can scan it to use on Blynk Cloud Server.

1 Like

I just found this! It looks incredible i was going to try it but it just says local ( ip address) is not available. Is there any other way to load the project in?

Did you try the QR on GitHub?

QR for SmartFarm DeepSleep

or the one just above?

2b_QR

Yes i tried both of them again. i keep getting this message

I’m afraid you can’t clone a local server project to Blynk-cloud project. That’s something I haven’t tried to know. I think @PeteKnight can shed some wisdom into this matter.

says not available. i appreciate you trying! thank you

I don’t use a local server I’m afraid.
I suppose the answer is for you to re-create the project on a cloud server account. Not sure if cloning to cloud server would work for you when connected to your own internal network.

Pete.

@khoih @PeteKnight
Hello,
I just tried to clone the project from my cloud account and it says it requires total of 111400 energy and you have 300 left. So i guess there is no problem with the QR-code. If i had energy i would have cloned and posted the screen shot. i guess cloning the project from cloud or local server should not be a problem. As far as i know during cloning only the UI (widgets) is cloned. There will be no information on where the project was created. I have projects running on cloud as well as local, i just tried to clone [local to cloud and cloud to local(project)] .
Clones and works fine. Only things is we need to have enough energy.

1 Like

That’s interesting.

In this topic:

user @drewc228 was saying that he doesn’t see this message. Would you mind documenting the step-by-step process that leads you to that message, and say which version of the app you are using (and maybe include a screenshot?).

Thanks,

Pete.

1 Like

@PeteKnight @khoih
Blynk Version : 2.27.12(05.12.2019 19.37.56)

1. Login to Blynk account on Blynk App
  2. Click the Exit(switch between multiple projects)
  3. Now click the scan QR code (2nd option on top right corner).
  4. Scan the QR Code provided by @khoih
  5. This screen appears

I am scanning this QR code from my Blynk cloud account.

I also tried scanning the same QR code from my Local Blynk server. As there is energy i was able to clone the project

This screenshot was from Android.

To test i also scanned the same QR code with iPhone with
version 2.26.2(8) local server. And it worked out
Screenshots from IPhone

I was able to clone the same project for the second time with IPhone.

As @Hotrodherman said he is not able to scan the code and sent the screenshot for curiosity i scanned the same screenshot he posted and guess what !!
Screen%20recording

I guess its nothing to do with where the project was created. Because previously i have used projects that was created on local server like :point_down:

QR Code

This needs 2700 energy and we will get 2000 free energy and we need to buy 700 more. Here is the screen shot for scanning the above QR code. Scanning from Cloud account and the project has been created on a local server

In short
IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE THE PROJECT WAS CREATED. WE CAN CLONE IT !
BUT CANNOT SHARE THE PROJECT AS IT A COMPLETE DIFFERENT WORLD !

Yes on IOS it doesn’t show the required energy.

I scanned the QR code and it shows requires more energy but not the actual numbers that show up on android app. this was scanned from IPhone blynk cloud.
This is my experience. Please correct me if i am wrong.

2 Likes

Very helpful - thanks!

@drewc228 - does this help you?

Pete.

1 Like

Amazing :grinning: