Slider wont send value when clicking on it

Hello, I’ve found this with sliders when “Send on release” its not active:
Assume the slider is at 100%:

1. If I SLIDE it to 30% then the value is updated on the server
  2. If I TAP it to 30%, the slider moves to that position, but the value is NOT updated on the server
  • phone type: Huawei P8 Lite
  • blynk version: 2.26.4
  • library version: 0.5.2
  • server version : Blynk

so what is the problem?

Maybe I didnt explain it well.
The problem is that the slider will be at 30% but the device will still think the slider is at 100%.
You can move the slider clicking on the sliderbar, but It doest send the value unless you slide it.
I think its not the correct behaviour

Maybe the Step widget is more appropriate if you want to Change variables by tapping
?

So assume the slider is at 100%:

1. if you SLIDE it to 30% then the value is updated on the server
  2. if you TAP it to 30% then the value is NOT updated on the server

That indeed sounds like a bug, I’m not at home currently and cannot confirm but I’ll check this out. What you need to do is update your first post witth a proper description of the issue and:

• phone type
  • blynk version
  • library version
  • server version (if its a local server, else state its the cloud server).

Hello, thanks for your answer.
I’ve edited the first post with the info, with your description that I think is more clear.

@Dmitriy This indeed appears to be a bug, in addition to what the OP said: the slider acts ‘weird’ after you’ve tapped on it, it remains stuck for a short while and then responds again. I would suggest to either let the slider not respond to tabs or update its value (and apparently its percieved position).

@Luciano @wolph42 yes. Thanks. Bug is confirmed.

Thanks @Dmitriy
Also if its a Vertical Slider (0 -1023) , when tapping it at any point that make it goes “down” it shows negative values like “- 611”, “- 298” or something like that. Only with vertical sliders.

Thanks. We will check this one too. We are preparing release, so issue fix will be released very soon.

1 Like