Sharing the BLYNK project

Hello,
is it possible to share the blynk project when I have:

One ARDUINO connected to internet and more than one phone with BLYNK APP (different tokens)

For example I have gate to my house (one arduino coneted to internet)
but all from my family have BLYNK APP with different tokens.
(I think is no way to rewrite token in APP)

Is some way to realize this project?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER !

1 Like

We are working on sharing, but today just login using your credentials for all the devices (same login and password)

That crossed my mind !!! Also an option.
Thank you…

Hi, I did try the sharing feature, but the shared Blynk could not find my board yet (I use Particle Photon). On my own account, the project running perfectly… Token showing different value (as promised not to share Developer Token). Would this expect to work now?

Many thanks

There are a couple of sharing types:
1. Share the project with other makers.
You can share the whole set up. Widgets, pins, other settings. It was done mainly for tutorials, for people who are starting to use Blynk and so on. As you noticed, Token will be different, so no one will be able to control your hardware. Think about it as creating a copy of your project.
Done on Android.

2. Share access to your project.
Other people will be able to control your hardware, but won’t be able to modify your project. This is almost like giving someone an app to interact with your robot/home/sensors etc.
This feature is currently in development and it will be paid

2 Likes

Yes the second one, Hope you will prioritize iOS user as well (as they most likely to pay). I would be eagerly waiting for it, and hope you can start monetizing this great project!

Best regards.

Hey Pavel,

I just wanted to say that me and my team are really waiting for this feature and would be willing to pay. I just hope that the amount you need to pay will be proportionate with the number of downloads. (to make sure costs dont go up to fast for starters. Also would like to say that android users should not be forgotten but ideally a hardware app supports both platforms. Neither should be prioritised imo. as a hardware electronics gadget should work for all consumers.

Thanks for your feedback!
Of course, it will work for both platforms. It’s hard to keep them synced in terms of development, but we work hard to make it so.

Just curious, how much copies would you like to distribute? What’s the price per user per month you would be eager to spend?

1 Like

We r working on a fireworks detonator system. the prototype is working and there is a huge market in the (us on 4th of july, uk on guy fawkes day and eu on new years) for a safer inexpensive programmable system. How many we will actually sell when we go to market remains a mystery and prob strongly dependant on the marketing team we and up choosing. (we r two guys) Considering kickstarter too :). But either way, having a bluetooth app would be a huge plus for us at almost no extra expense. We could program our own bluetooth app but to get it as functional and esthetically pleasing as blynk would be real time consuming.

Now my opinion towards your monetisation: If it were somehow possible to for our future customers to download the blynk app for free with a product key, I would feel it fair if Blynk then charged us 1 to 2 dollars for every unique customer that downloads the app. That way starters like us and most people in this community have no running cost and the process for blynk could be fully automated.

I dont know how you guys picture monetisation but in my humble opinion I feel you should create a variable cost for your makers (pay per download) and not a fixed cost (50 per month). A mild combination like : (10 dollars per month with extra support in return + 0,99 per download) I would also find totally encouraging to use blynk and not waste our time on something you guys clearly do better.

Bit longer than what I planned to write but this what I think you guys should do as fast as possible to make blynk sustainable. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for such a detailed answer. This is very valuable for us. We are planning a subscription model based on the number of users you have.

I hope you are planning to use BLE, not regular Bluetooth? Otherwise, iOS users won’t be able to use your app.

Pavel,

Thank you for pointing out that iphone requires BLE, As an android user I had missed that. Any modules you recommend? Would the HM-10 work with blynk in the future?

Also off topic, but is it possible to use an esp2866 to create a network for the arduino mega, then connect to that network with your blynk enabled phone and controll the arduino?

I just need a way to communicate completely wirelessly (no ethernet or usb cables) from the arduino mega to a blynk enabled phone, any other suggestions?

Hello previous blynk app version can share the project using url but now only qr code is possible.
What if the other mobile device you need to share to is on another country? how is it possible to share?

Press “Share” button and send and email, the link is just inside it.

BR

Hi I have tried on both iOS and Android app and use yahoomail, but I cannot find the link, anything I am doing wrong?

check your spam folder!!!

I have the email received, but only the barcode…
So I need to decode it using https://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx after which the URI is decoded…
What I plan is to send the URL instead so it can be send by text email by Blynk.email() function in Arduino…