Several devices in same template?

Hi,
I have just installed/started my first Blynk IoT (2.0) app.

Sorry if this is explained somewhere, but I can’t find any info.

Background
I have lots of devices with Blynk Legacy, some in own Projects, but often I access several devices in one and same Project. To provide a “dashboard” with info from many devices.

Question
How can this be achieved in Blynk IoT?
I can’t find a way to do it.
I am using the Free plan. Could this maybe be feature in any other Subscription plan?

What I want is to have a dashboard with data from several devices. Am I just missing something obvious?

/Jonas

You can’t with Blynk iot!

It can’t be achieved currently, unless you send the data from your individual devices to a master device (using the HTTP(S) API), or if you use Node-Red.

I understand that a solution is currently a couple of months away.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks proietti and PeteKnight.

I realize i can “centralize” all data in some kind of “hub” before Blynk. I already do that for some apps. But in most cases I just have simple and standalone devices logging to Blynk (and sometimes controlling back). All seen/controlled in/from same project (= blynk app page).
This is one of the main features with Blynk as I see it. To be a central for all iot.

Anyway,

• Do we know when this could be expected?
    Has Blynk published any roadmap somewhere?

/Jonas

1 Like

The roadmap is largely based around the demands of paying white label clients.

Pete.

Now every Tile is a separate device. You can move the one or multiple DataStreams to the Tile, so it will be available on the main screen. And that’s the maximum you can achieve right now.

Aha,
This is maybe what I want.
Dashboard on the 1st page, click on any “tile” and you get to the “details”. Promising.

See images.

However, “uneasy” UI to get it working. How do you “save” the config? Seems just “returning” by X is the thing. But it took me many tries to make it “bite”. And the TEMP value in this example varies between true/correct value and a 0. Seems a bit unstable.
But promising, indeed.

Thanks Dmitriy

/Jonas

Ok, now I get it. Seems the Tile is a bit delayed first time, now very stable.

I just created a new device with same template.
And voila, it showed up in the dashboard automatically. Easy. :slight_smile:

See image. A dashboard with 2 different devices.

Looks promising. (I would prefer a more condensed look and more pins from each device on the dashboard … But this is better than expected.)

1 Like

New templates will be introduced over time. In general, the idea is next - you show on the main screen the most important parameters, and if you need more you go deeper by clicking on a tile. Also, in the future we plan to change the grid for the templates, so more info could be placed on a single screen.

2 Likes

In Legacy Blynk the app user did not have to have any understanding of the actual physical configuration of the different devices, no need to know on which device a function was located. He could simply invoke a function and get the results on the same page even is the result was produced by a different device. Two, for the end user, related functions could easily be hosted on two different devices. Blynk iot seems to have lost this capability/flexibility.
I am still struggling on how to handle this during the conversion of my projects to blynk iot. Channeling all Blynk interactions through one device is going to be a major change.

Partially, you still can show on the same screen multiple datastreams. If you need more you need to click on a tile.

Agreed and understood.

However the change from a functional end user view to a device oriented view is not a small one. Maybe no big deal for new projects as one can take that into consideration when deploying the devices. For existing projects it may have serious impact.

From an end user perspective, I believe that people (as an example) want to hit a button to get things done iso having to worry where that specific function is going to be executed.

You can output the button the on Tile view as well. But yeah, it differs from the old Blynk. Group dashboards are in plans too.

we’ll see where Blynk iot is going to, but it would help to have an idea of the lifetime of blynk legacy, preventing us to rush to convert projects just to see in a couple of months that capabilities that are lost now have been re-introduced.