setProperty crashes Blynk app on iOS10

I have been using the new function setProperty to dynamically set the labels of the value widgets.
I am using Blynk on iOS 10 on iPhone 6 and I see that the function makes the Blynk app crash.

I call the function to set the labels when starting the NODEMCU in the first routine it is ok, but then when it is called again, the app crashes.
This behavior did not happen before I implemented the setproperty function.

Any ideas ? Is this something known ?

Hello. setProperty not yet implemented for iOS. Will be available with next update.

1 Like

I think I’ve run into this too in my thread here:

But I have an app version later than Oct 2 when you posted this – mine is from Oct 15, version 2.5.6.

Yeap, Look like bug. Thank you for reporting.

@Robert_Holscher @rgm issue should be fixed. Please check with latest Blynk app.

doesn’t seem fixed in iOS app - as crashes for me

Please show how do you change property.

simple statement examples used that crash my Blynk iOS app:

Blynk.setProperty(vPIN_flowmeter_led, "color", BLYNK_GREEN);

// ==== restore display text color =====
void restore_text_color (int x) {
  switch (x) {
    case 0 :
   //   Blynk.setProperty(V1, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
   //   Blynk.setProperty(V2, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
    break;
    case 1 :
   //   Blynk.setProperty(V0, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
   //   Blynk.setProperty(V2, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
    break;
    case 2 :
    //  Blynk.setProperty(V1, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
    //  Blynk.setProperty(V2, "color", BLYNK_GREEN); 
    break;
  }
}

What widgets on this pins?

I see the confusion- I just saw a new Blynk version published 07Dec - my phone has not updated it so I will try :wink:

1 Like

Ok. Waiting for update :slight_smile:

apart from the “What’s New” text on the iOS page is there anything more that is new/fixed/changed in this release ? e.g. has Terminal issues been fixed as it often fails to refresh (especially when Blynk coming out of background)

All you see is all that was done. We changed our release policy for iOS. Now we will do small releases but frequent. Could you please describe in details issue with terminal? We are not aware of it.

the situation I see very regular is that my terminal screen(s) are full of text - I close the blynk app (swipe to kill the app), re-open it and the terminal screen is blank. In order to re-populate I press the Blynk stop button then the play button and the terminal PARTIALLY refreshes with the text.

1 Like

Oh I see. Yes. Indeed this is feature that we haven’t implemented for terminal. Yet. This is server issue. And I have ticket for that https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/issues/382. So when you’ll see this ticket is closed - issue will be solved.

hi Dmitriy I just double checked it on both iOS and Android. setProperty works fine on my Android but crashes my iOS (as per code example previously sent). I calling the setPropery value function of a Value Display widget every 2 seconds to indicate a new temperature reading. The value being written is a float into the virtual pin (if that is of any help). I’m using latest Blynk library 0.4.0 and local server version 0.19.0

@mars what is BLYNK_GREEN in your code?

@Dmitriy : The app still crashes for me. I’ve confirmed that I’m using Blynk version 2.5.8 updated Dec 7th – it shows up under “recent updates.” I can see my gauge widget change color briefly before going back to the default, and my slider widget does not change color when I slide it. Shortly after moving my slider widget (which causes a Blynk.setProperty call) the app crashes. Thank you for your efforts in this area, I believe that more frequent app updates are always a good idea, as long as you have automated testing in the continuous integration pipeline :slight_smile:

#define BLYNK_GREEN     "#23C48E"
#define BLYNK_BLUE      "#04C0F8"
#define BLYNK_YELLOW    "#ED9D00"
#define BLYNK_RED       "#D3435C"
#define BLYNK_DARK_BLUE "#5F7CD8"

I’m also getting frequent crashes, along with some unpredictable behavior (gauge widget sometimes reporting old data). Using app version 2.5.8, and library version 0.4.1.

I updated my thermostat dashboard so that the desired temperature gauge and system-on LED would turn red when the heat was on, blue when the AC was on, and white when the system was at rest. For the most part, it’s working as desired. The crashes seem random. I can’t link them to any specific send or receive event.

Here are the relevant parts of my code:

#define BLYNK_BLUE      "#04C0F8"
#define BLYNK_RED       "#D3435C"
#define BLYNK_WHITE     "#FFFFFF"

// Turn the HVAC on or off
void Fan(){

// Set the proper color for the Desired Temp gauge and ON/OFF LED
  //(red = heating, blue = cooling, white gauge or LED off = within desired range)
  if (Winter && FanState){
      Blynk.setProperty(V1, "color", BLYNK_RED);
      Blynk.setProperty(V7, "color", BLYNK_RED);
    }
    else if (!Winter && FanState){
      Blynk.setProperty(V1, "color", BLYNK_BLUE);
      Blynk.setProperty(V7, "color", BLYNK_BLUE);
    }
    else{
      Blynk.setProperty(V1, "color", BLYNK_WHITE);
    }

digitalWrite(RelayPin,!FanState); // Relay turns fan on with LOW input, off with HIGH
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V7,FanState * 1023);// fan "ON" LED on dashboard
  Serial.print(F("Fan state: "));
  Serial.println(FanState);
}

I’ll be happy to post the complete code, if that would be helpful, but it’s 600+ lines.