BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Self-updating ( from WEB server HTTP ) OTA firmware for ESP8266

I tried everything but result is the same !
“HTTP_UPDATE_FAILD Error (-106): Verify Bin Header Failed”
I don’t know what to do now, is it possible its because of the cloud hosting ? does anybody have files on VPS so i test it ?

did you see this:

???

also see this:

https://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17258

HI @mikekgr

I am going a bit off topic here but I wondered if you had used BearSSL yet?

I upgraded to ESP8266 2.4.2 today and I was expecting to have BearSSL available for selection in the Arduino IDE (under lwip). Maybe it’s just the libraries that are different.

I know there are some new examples like SecureBearSSLUpdater.ino and HelloServerBearSSL.ino etc.

2.4.2 gives just enough extra memory to do a few more SSL things that 2.4.1 didn’t allow.

Good to see that Blynk NTP time comes up correctly now plus all the other new features like URL button, images, number input widget etc.

Hello @Costas Paul, ( relative ) long time no see !
As far as I know ,the new under final debugging/cooking 2.5.0 will have full SSL support, I don’t know if 2.4.2 has partial support, because I sync the Arduino core master…

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Do you have any idea when 2.5.0 will be available?

I did notice there were quite a few “BearSSL” commits after 2.4.2 release but I thought it was implemented in 2.4.2.

I think it is needed a couple of weeks but nobody can be sure…

Are there problems with the 2.4.2 release that warrants using the master?

No as far as I know but in Master there are more goods in development…

See here for the progress:

Hi @mikekgr

I updated to ESP8266 core 2.5.0-beta1 today and it looks to be running ok.
The new https stream provided by BearSSL means I can reliably pull in 17,000 characters (34kb) with an API call to a crypto trading exchange. Free memory before I start adding my code, but with the API call included is an impressive, and stable, 46,176 bytes.