RTC with Time Input

How easy is it to compare the RTC with the Time Input widget?
I want to improve my wake up light, and only want to need my local server as a communication between app and esp8266. So when the server is down, my wake up light will still start on the right time.

They are totally different.

RTC enables you to get time and date from Blynk Server
Time Input is a way of getting a set of time-related parameters from the user to be later used in the logic of your app

Okay, that’s clear.
The biggest problem is that I want to change the time of Timer widget without stopping the app. (The play/stop button)
So anyone who has shared access can change the timer, but not change the other things. And with time input you can change the time without stopping the app and with shared access.

@hutje you start with mentioning 2 widgets but then move on to a 3rd.

Your OP is concerned with the actual time and to be honest the server going down during the night is not important as the MCU will retain the correct time. You can set your wake up light time with sliders / menu widget etc rather than the Timer widget. Just code up if time >= x switch on the light.

This alternative should also work for your shared access requirement.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I can not get TimerInput to trigger any of my outputs from my ArduinoMega.