Raspberry Pi Zero (W) as Blynk Local Server

Following on

blynk1.service - Starts and stops the Blynk server daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/blynk1.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-02-11 09:27:16 GMT; 1s ago
Process: 909 ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -jar /home/pi/server-0.30.2-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/blynk -
Main PID: 909 (code=exited, status=210/CHROOT)

Feb 11 09:27:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: blynk1.service: Unit entered failed state.
Feb 11 09:27:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: blynk1.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

The blynk1.service file has the full -mailConfig and serveConfig path which is truncated in this report generted with systemctl status blynk1.service

So… Did a bit of googling and decided to try running the java command line to start tthe server and got an error msg about the certificates I’d generated following the tutorial.

I removed the certificates from the server.properties file after experimenting with full paths- and the server loaded and ran as expected.

Sry for late reply!

Can you paste the file /etc/systemd/system/blynk1.service

And the output of

~# ls -l /home/pi

Hi distans,
Removing the call to the security certificates from the server.properties file solved the problem. I think the newer versions of local server have some security built in.

Its been running solidly for a couple of weeks now!

1 Like

Great tutorial on how to get the local Blynk server started! However, I am having a trouble where I can’t seem to start the server nor being able to detect the java version that is running on the RPi Zero. I have tried:

1. $ java -version
  2. $ java -jar /home/pi/Blynk/server-0.41.8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk -serverConfig /home/pi/Blynk/server.properties -mailConfig /home/pi/Blynk/mail.properties

Both of these returns the following error:
“Error occurred during initialization of VM
Server VM is only supported on ARMv7+ VFP”

Could this be the newer version of Raspbian that I’m using or am I totally missing the mark here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Hey! got the same problem. Did you got Any solutions ?

The newer Java Versions didn´t run on raspi zero w because of older Arm Architecture. You have to install Raspbian Jessie or Jessie Lite and use Java8. Then you need to install Blynk for Java8.

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/releases/download/v0.41.12/server-0.41.12-java8.jar