Questions regarding business plan

Hello there
I’ve been working on a project for which I’m expecting a lot of IoT devices which are powered by blynk to be deployed into the field, which would require me to get the business plan (since the maximum the pro plan allows is 500)

I have a few devices which are being tested in teb field as of now. The business plan says that a private cloud server would be set up for the same. In order for me to migrate to the private cloud server, would I need to reflash my existing devices with a new IP considering the devices, auth tokens and templates can be carried forward?

And would it be possible for me to switch my email address to another one, and keep all of my data on it?
(Think of it as cloning brains from one body to another)

Thanks in advance
AmorphousSnek

Hi!

since the maximum the pro plan allows is 500

You would need to contact our sales team in order to upgrade to 1000 devices.

would I need to reflash my existing devices with a new IP considering the devices, auth tokens and templates can be carried forward?

Your devices must somehow receive change that they need to connect to your new business server.
There are two ways how devices can be provisioned and how they can receive such changes:

Static provisioning
You will need to reflash [OTA, wired connection, etc.] your devices to change the target server address for connection from blynk.cloud to example.server.com.
Note: This option is not well suited for commercial use, since in most cases you will need to take your users’ real devices and manually reflash them.

More info: Deploying Products With Static Tokens

Dynamic provisioning
You or your users will need to reset their device to factory settings and reprovision it using a standalone business application that we will create for you.
The application will send your business server address to a board, after which the board will connect to it.
Note: This option is the most convenient for business products. Therefore, we recommend using Dynamic provisioning flow if you are using the appropriate board type.

More info: Deploying Products With Dynamic AuthTokens

And would it be possible for me to switch my email address to another one, and keep all of my data on it?

After we start your business server, we transfer only your product templates to it.
Devices / Historical data / Auth Tokens / Users / Organization structure, etc. will not be transferred.
We then invite you and your employees as administrators with full access. You can use any of your emails.

Thank you so much for your response. It looks like we’ll need to either

1. call back the limited devices before the move to the private server
  2. somehow figure out how to make ota updates/edgent work with gsm based devices as there doesn’t seem to be any template/examples for them.
    The quantity of devices is limited and in our field trials so it should not be a problem at the moment.

Our wifi based devices will be able to receive the OTAs via blynk, not an issue
The only problem will be the gsm based devices.
I’ve scoured the forums and blynk’s GitHub but failed to find a solution for the same.

In any case there’s a big decision to make on our end

Thank you once again!

Regards,
AmorphousSnek