QR Codes issue (older Local Server, newer App)

I’m using tanaru.go.ro (DDNS) to connect to my local server since Internet provider is changing the IPs regularly. The fix you mentioned, should solve the problem and point to DNS (Domain Name Server) in the QR code? will this be a configurable thing?

1 Like

No, that wouldn’t be configurable. I’ll return pointing to the domain name, in case, if it has been set up

any news about the update for QR code generation?

Yep, we’ll soon release a fix, you could try our logging build with this fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f87a43arcozer15/blynk_app-ble-log.apk?dl=0

@cricri19top we have just released 2.18.1 build with a fix to your issue with old QR codes.

I’ve updated Blynk app, generated the QR code and when I scan it, the server is the assigned IP address not DNS (DDNS). Is this the expected outcome? I would expect to see DNS, not IP. Thx

Is it share or clone QR? Are you on 2.18.1 app’s version?

What is your server’s connection setup? Had you set up DNS address for the custom server’s host or IP address?

Here are all the details for my project:
-local server on Raspberry Pi 2
-I’m using in server configuration window: tanaru.go.ro (DDNS) with port 9443 - not an IP address
-I’m trying to share (not ro clone) my project by clicking Generate Link (shared access is On)
-server update done: server-0.30.2-java8.jar
-after I generate the QR code and I scan it with a dedicated app, here’s the result:
blynk://token/projpriv/token?username=user%40gmail.com&server=79.114.38.39&port=8443&dashId=1&dashTitle=Casa%20TNR
-I was expecting to see instead of IP address, my server name;
-update done for Blynk app (today): 2.18.1

I’ve retested such scenario with the latest app and it is saving the server’s url to the QR, could you logout and check your server’s settings?

I’ve done that multiple times and NOK until I have rebooted my phone. It works now.
Thx

1 Like