Push notifications that link to webpage

I’m looking at using Blynk as the notification app for my project and I am wondering whether it is possible that it can do the following:

I need to receive a push notification if no motion is detected; instead of an email? Is that possible?
Additionally to that it would be beneficial for my project if the notification also contained hyperlink that opens a url in firefox or chrome or just by clicking on the notification it goes to the url… is that possible?

Many thanks

I guess one option is to use Pushover:

You can send and e-mail to the Pushover gateway and this turns them into notifications on your IOS or Android device (or your PC), or you can use the API.
You can include a URL in the message.

I use this for some of my remote devices, primarily to know when an OTA update has been completed, or when there has been a power cut, It works very well and seems extremely reliable. The documentation is good and once you set-up an account and obtained an e-mail gateway address and API key its pretty easy to set-up.

There’s a free 7 day trial then a one-off £5 fee per type of device environment (IOS, Android, Desktop).

Pete.

Thanks for you alternative suggestion. Preferably I want to use Blynk and want to know if what I asked is achievable in this software? Thanks

You would be using Blynk to send the emails to Pushover. We have Pushover accounts and as pointed out they cost next to nothing.

Yes. Have you looked into notifications section of widget box?

I don’t think so. This is standard Android/ios dialogs. They not very customizable. @BlynkAndroidDev am I right?

It’s easy on Android to make a lot of customization to Notifications, for this issue - it’s pretty simple to add an action button to the notification, but such change would require additional updates on the library and server side

I vote for that… I am thinking of how that could be used to forward clickable links of security camera snapshots send by a Blynk powered security system/video doorbell, etc.

At least until we get some form of an image viewing Widget.

1 Like