Push notification stop working

Hello @BlynkAndroidDev

Can you please check from your side if push notification is working?

It was working before, and I just noticed that it is not working anymore.

Android Version: 13 (UI 5.1)
Blynk 1.12.1 (143)

All permitions allowed in the phone
Critical notifications = OFF

It was working with these settings before… I would just appreciate if you can have a look into it

1 Like

Is it only critical notifications not working?

Can you also check what system app’s settings show: Settings → Apps → Blynk IoT → Notifications → Notification Categories

Is it possible that you’ve exceeded your 100 events in 24 hour limit?

Pete.

1 Like

Not sure if I get your question… however, in my application only the “critical” events are the ones that “push” a pop-up notification in the phone … I did not try to change the type of event…

I had already checked… all enabled

nop. I checked as well… notifications are being displayed in the timeline normally, only the “push” pop-up notification stopped working.

E-mail is working fine too…

I’ve just checked the latest build from Play Store on Samsung with the same os/oneui versions - pushes are working fine.

On the system settings → there should be “Notifications category” option in the bottom the screen you screenshoted - scroll it a little bit more and tap on that option. It will show device channels (system notification channels’ settings ).

I’ve just checked and the notifications are enabled for all devices… I will test once more and post the results here

1 Like

A simple test you can make - create scene automation with push action, run it, and check if the push will be received.

@BlynkAndroidDev I tried the scene automation and the push notification worked… after that, I tried in my application and it worked as well! I did not change anything… but now it is working again… I will continue to monitor if for some reason it will happen again.

I’m not sure if this could also be related to UI updates, as I also noted a few of them has being deployed in my Samsung phone in the past days…