Provisioning not working with port 8080

I’ve been trying to establish a connection between my esp8266 module and my local server with the Blynk.inject provisioning library using port 8080 (port 9443 gives me an invalid cert error which is fine because I don’t want to use Certs) by configuring it directly over the esp’s web server.

If I hardcode the IP address and port in a simple sketch it works flawlessly, but with the provisioning library it refuse to connect giving this error on the serial monitor:

CONNECTING_CLOUD => ERROR

I already tried commenting out this line:

#define BLYNK_SSL_USE_LETSENCRYPT // Comment this out, if using public Blynk Cloud

Is there something I’m doing wrong?, couldn’t find any information about this.

Sketch is empty so I won’t add it here.

Hardware: ESP8266 (lolin v3 and Yunshan wifi relay)

sketch: Template_ESP8266 (Blynk.inject, latest version to the date 2/23/2020, couldn’t find version nowhere).

-Arduino IDE 1.8.12
-esp8266 core 2.4.2 (also tried the latest 2.6.3 and was worse)
-Blynk library 0.6.1
-LOCAL blynk server version 0.41.12 running on linux (ports 9443 and 8080 are open)
-java version 11.0.6
-ArduinoJson 6.14.1

If I forgot something assume is up to date.

From the debug terminal showing NTP time, I’m sure you’re using wrong header file (with SSL option)

Try changing in BlynkProvisioning.h from

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266_SSL.h>

to

#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

2 Likes
[56228] CONNECTING_CLOUD => RUNNING
[56262] Configuration stored to flash

That’s exactly what happened. Thank you!

Can you tell me where is that documented? because I coudn’t find anything related more that a port change between server versions.

1 Like

I just know by reading and understanding the Blynk code (which is in public domain and you can also do the same).
I guess @PeteKnight has more knowledge about documentation and he’ll help you out.

2 Likes

I’ve never used Blynk Inject I’m afraid, so know much less that you.

Pete.

1 Like