Problem updating firmware OTA on ESP32 based board

Dear Blynk team,
Good day!

I have two different kind of boards one based on ESP8266(board-A) and the other on ESP32(board-B).
Everything goes perfect on board-A.
On board-B everything is OK except for the OTA.

Need your support please.

Sarwar

Dear Blynkers,
The data I receive on Serial Console while updating firmware OTA is:

[13126] Disconnected
[13126] RUNNING => OTA_UPGRADE
[13127] Firmware update URL: http://sgp1.blynk.cloud/static/fw_**********************-************.bin?token=********************************************
abort() was called at PC 0x40124215 on core 1

ELF file SHA256: 0000000000000000

Backtrace: 0x40089500:0x3ffb1d70 0x4008977d:0x3ffb1d90 0x40124215:0x3ffb1db0 0x4008545a:0x3ffb1dd0 0x401240b6:0x3ffb1df0 0x400e80a9:0x3ffb1e10 0x400e3e41:0x3ffb1e30 0x400e4107:0x3ffb1e50 0x400d35b7:0x3ffb1e70 0x400dc739:0x3ffb1f60 0x400ebb19:0x3ffb1fb0 0x4008a77e:0x3ffb1fd0

Rebooting...

Awaiting any feedback please.

Sarwar

Hello, @SarwarMughal. What settings in this shipment?

The shipment is a complete firmware.

On the Blynk Console:

1. Name of Template
  2. Check the box of respective harware
  3. Preferred time of shipment
  4. No conditions
  5. Binary file

And the rest remains at default.

…
Sarwar

What board type are you selecting in the IDE when you compile this .bin file?

Pete.

ESP32 Dev Board

Three days passed. Still no support received.
…

What type of Blynk subscription do you have?

Pete.

Its PLUS.

In that case, your support mechanism is via this forum, and there is no SLA regarding response times and resolution times.

TBH, you’ve not helped yourself very much, as you’ve not provided much information in your initial post, and your responses - like this one…

don’t really answer the question or provide any useable information.

If you want help from forum members then you really have to start by helping us to help you.

Pete.

Mr. Pete, I know it very well that the only support I can have with this subscription is from the forum.
But I did not have a good feeling from your post. I haven’t hid any information. Whatever is asked I try to give full answer. Read my earlier posts where full detail of problem and its Serial output has also been shared. If anything is missing you could have asked me. Nowhere in my posts I have forced you to answer. Whether to answer or not is your own choice.

Exactly - and I chose to ask a quick question because you mentioned that you’d used two different types of board, and I wondered if you’d accidentally compiled the code with an ESP8266 board selected in your IDE. I chose not to delve any deeper in to your problem because you seemed to want to give minimal answers when questions were asked of you.

From my experience, forum members are most likely to engage with other Blynk users who take the time and effort to share as much detail about their issue as possible. That’s not my perception of what you’re doing, hence my comment that you’re more likely to get a positive outcome if you put more effort into helping others to help you.

If you don’t want to do that then it’s not a problem to me, but don’t be surprised when I challenge your assertion that you’ve received no support.

Good luck with resolving your issue.

Pete.

What a great sense of judgement!
This can be your own view point but not of all the mighty Blynk users.

I have read many of your posts and you always treat users like this.
Your attitude is always bitter for them with a reflection of superiority somewhere in your sentences.
I would love to advise you better change that to help users share their problem and get a healthy response.

Thank you for not supporting and promoting abomination in the forum.

You’re welcome! :wink:

Pete.

1 Like

Only two people took the time to respond to your request for help, that at least means that the rest of the community did not understand the issue or simply does not care.

So if you are looking for a victim to blame, blame the community but not the few people who try to help.

Good luck.

1 Like

Not sure you’ll find help here after your attitude :thinking:

OK. Thank you very much you all.
If everyone has finished criticizing, would anyone care to tell me how to solve the problem?

Awaiting please …