Pro Plan per device price more expensive than Plus Plan? Why?

Hi,

I don’t understad what I’m missing on the subscription plans.

I have a ready to be sold product. It’s an aquarium lamp that can be controlled and monitored on the mobile. I already tested it a lot on the legacy Blynk and it works great. Each Lamp uses just one device (ESP8266).

Then, I decided to go entrepenour, and start a subscription plan in order to deliver a quality product to my customers with the feature of wifi device provissioning, to make it easy to distribute and setup for any client.

My device production capacity is limited and I cannot produce and sell more than 5 to 8 lamps by month.

The target price to be competitive is about USD 200 per unit.

Looking for the right plan, I made this calculations:

PLUS Plan - USD 59/year for 10 devices, means USD 5.9/year per device sold.
PRO Plan - USD 499/year for 40 devices, means USD 12.47/year per device sold.

Why the BLYNK cost per unit is more expensive with the Pro Plan?

I’m right assuming that the devices included on the plan are the units to be sold in my case?

I really believe that I don’t understand how the pricing works.

Ways to approach this issue is by increasing your production rate to 100’s of devices ( but this again adds up in the subscription to buy extra devices)

Or

Bump up the unit cost to match subscription + profits you like make.

Blynk is suitable for large appliances n larger scale applications, where the unit cost would be in thousands, this way it works out pretty well. But for startups its kinda hard to makeup…

May be they have new subscriptions coming for startups :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

PRO plan has more business features, like organizations, permission management, pages. That’s why it’s more expensive. We’re preparing Blynk.Discovery for those who have only a few devices. But it’s not gonna appear in the next few months.

1 Like

Dmitry,

When I sell one device, the customer will have to install the app with his own account, and then, with the app will search the device and make the wifi device comissioning in order to control the device with his own blynk account.

The customer will have access to the device trough his own web console credentials?

I’m asking this because the original client sometimes sell the device to another person, and I see that the only way to transfer the property is with the web console.

This is where the Blynk.discovery will come into play.

Once we get to use the new Blynk.discovery we will have an clear picture on it.

@Dmitriy correct me if i am wrong. For using the Blynk.discovery one should have pro subscription right ?

I guess yes, because this is a commercial plan feature and the plus plan isn’t a commercial plan.

1 Like

That’s only possible for White Label clients and for Blynk.Discovery (which is not yet released). Under the PRO plan you have to manually invite every user if you want them to be able to provision the device.

I think it would be another plan. We don’t know yet.

1 Like

Dmitriy, where I can find documentation abouthow to manually invite a user to provision the device?

Here:

Ok Dmitriy, I paid for the pro plan (one year), your support was the mind changing key.

I hope it is worth it,

Now I’ll navigate trough the web console to understand how to deliver products to my clients,

1 Like

Thanks! Our doc is not yet in the final state, however, you can find a few useful articles for commercial use here - https://docs.blynk.io/en/commercial-use/deploying-products-with-dynamic-authtokens.

I was going through the docs n couple of doubts came up about dynamic token.

Should the customer have an plus or pro plan ?
What if he has only free plan ? Can he add more than one device ?

Or

Should we invite the customers with our pro plan ?

Who’s device’s will reduce (40 devices) if both customer/friend and the invitee has pro plans ?
Ex: If i have a smart plug that i want to send it to my friend who already has a pro plan ? Should we invite him or not ? Will the device work with his account?

No.

Yes. If he is invited to your org that is under PLUS, PRO plan.

The plan is per org and its hierarchy. So if your root org has 40 devices, your root org and all it’s suborgs can have in total 40 devices.

1 Like