Pricing/features changed

Due to the limitations I just found about Automations I checked the pricing page on blynk.io. I do not see any mention of automation limitations on there btw but I did notice two other things:

1. for PRO I am pretty sure that historical data used to be available for 12months? Now it’s only 6months? (I just confirmed this, it was 12 months and now has been changed to only 6 months)

2. Alex and Google home integration was supposed to be included but is now coming soon as an “add-on”

These changes make me extremely nervous as someone who is looking to use Blynk for a business. I understand pricing sometimes needs to change, but when features just change without notice it is extremely hard to properly plan. As someone who is advertising their product for pre-order suddenly what I am advertising may not be true. Furthermore how do I know what will change in the future?

These things just add a question in the back of my head each time it happens.

That’s about a Business plan, not a PRO. That’s because every White Label (Business) client with Alexa, GHome requires manual work from our side, and thus - it should be paid separately.

Thanks for the update @Dmitriy I actually don’t really have an issue with it being an add-on, but the old pricing page indicated that this integration was going to be included with the Pro (and Plus) level with a green check mark, but now it has been changed and is not included anymore. So there was a change.

The question now is what will the cost be?

100% yes for PRO. Regarding PLUS - most likely not.

From what I know PRO should get GHome and Alexa integration as it is, with no additional cost.

Thanks again for the update. That would be great news if Google Home/Alexa integration is still included with the PRO level. Perhaps some clarification on: Pricing | Blynk IoT Platform would help since it seems to indicate it won’t be included.

A few days ago there was a post about Google Home/Alexa, and I was thinking about it on and off and I remembered I had this post from months ago. It seems my concerns have come true. I have a PRO plan personally, and it seems that the Using the “way back machine” it’s possible to see the changes.

In the last 8-10 months (I don’t have exact dates) Google/Alexa for PRO went from “included” to “add-on coming soon” to “not available”. On top of this you used to be able to upgrade to 1000+ devices, but no longer can. And also PRO used to come with 12 months of historical data but that has been changed to 6 months.

The interesting thing is now even the BUSINESS plan doesn’t include Google/Alexa anymore.

I mean it is what is is, I’m a small customer, but it’s disappointing to say the least.