Plan and Pricing Changes

Hi. I’ve been on a Plus plan for a while now and recently received some emails from Blynk about some plans/pricing changes taking effect from 16th October. The email said;

" If you’re currently on Blynk Plus plan, your existing projects and functionality will stay exactly the same as long as you keep your current subscription. No changes to your current setup."

I’ve not touched my subscription, but it seems that today when I look, I’ve been downgraded to “MAKER” and have a limit of 20 data streams for my projects, down from the 80 that I had before.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hello @chris.platt. After last update all users (old and new) have same Billing page. But old users have old server limits. Don’t pay attention to the price.

Please open your some template in edit mode and check your datastreams limits - try to create 80 datastreams.

Regards

Hi @Oleksii-QA. Thanks for getting back to me.

Trying it out ‘for real’ is actually exactly what I did this morning and is how I discovered the problem. Sorry, I should’ve been clearer that I wasn’t just reading the description of the new plans, I was actually seeing the 20 datastream limit in ‘real-life’ on an existing project.

I went to edit that project (which had around 60 datastreams) and I wanted to delete 10 and add 2 new ones. But straight-away I noticed the green “New datastream” button wasn’t there and the orange “Upgrade” button was there instead. I know from previous experience of hitting 80 datastreams that this means I’ve hit the limit.

I removed the 10 datastreams, but I couldn’t add the two new ones (as the “New datastream” button wasn’t there). I couldn’t even save my changes as it said I had too many datastreams (having removed 10 I had 50, which was evidently 30 more than it wanted me to have).

Out of interest, I removed 30 more datastreams (without saving my changes of course!) and sure enough as soon as I got down to 19, the orange “Upgrade” button changed back to the green “New datastream” button.

I’ve opened up 5 or 6 other existing projects and it’s exactly the same - where they have 20 or more datastreams I have the “Upgrade” button rather than the “New datastream” button.

Thanks,
Chris

@chris.platt Should be fixed. Please check

Hi @Oleksii-QA .

Just checked and yes, it seems to be back to 80 data streams now. Thanks for getting this sorted so quickly.

Regards, Chris

1 Like