Packet too big

Hey guys,

Just getting back in to the swing of Blynk and the tonne of updates but having problems connection issues.

Using the basic blynk example, I cannot connect to my local server and get the following error: Packet too big: 20527

I’ve gone thought the 10 or so topics on this but none had a fix. Any ideas? Just wont connect.

Running latest iOS app, local server v0.33.2-java8 and blynk v0.5.1.

[4044] Connected to WiFi
[4044] IP: 192.168.1.6
[4044] 
    ___  __          __
   / _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v0.5.1 on ESP-12

[4050] Connecting to 192.168.1.2
[4108] <[02|00|01|00] 8e8bf31axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa4e7abdfd
[4115] >HTTP/
[4115] Packet too big: 20527
1 Like

Hello. Please post your sketch.

//#define BLYNK_DEBUG
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>
#include <wifi_credentials.h>

#define AUTH "8e8bf31axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdfd"
#define LOCAL_SERVER IPAddress(192, 168, 1, 2)

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);
  Blynk.begin(AUTH, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS, LOCAL_SERVER, 8080);
}

void loop() {
  Blynk.run();
}

Seems to just be working now… no idea why :expressionless:

I have rebooted the local server a few times and reloaded the example server.properties so it might have something to do with that. I havn’t updated since 0.27.2

Welcome back… thought you struck it rich with your bitcoin heaters and fled the country for somewhere not as warm :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Dmitriy for some reson he hit HTTP endpoint. see the response: >HTTP/

@vshymanskyy interesting.
@Jamin any chance you had old server running? Probably you just had the old config where hardware port wasn’t on 8080 port. Please report back in case you reproduce the issue again.

Starting to think maybe it was old server config file related.

It’s all working now! The reason I had to update was because the app no longer connected to to local server.

Hello, i am using maker 1000, nad getting the same problem, packets too big, can anyone help me out please?

@James_Kelly if you take a look at the first post in the topic you’ll see that the OP provided quite a bit of information, was then asked for more information, and provided that also.

Your post tells us two things - you are getting a Packet too big error, and that you are using different hardware to the OP.
No mention of connection method, local or cloud server, library, App and server versions, serial output, sketch being used or when this issue occurs.

I’d suggest that you create a new topic which provides all of this information, and anything else that is relevant.

Pete.