OTA Firmware Update : You Have Reached The Maximum Number of Shipments You Can Create

Hi everyone,

I have been using OTA Firmware update for quite a while now, and all good. Until one day I have to update a couple devices with different templates. I succesfully done 8 Shipments back to back until I receive the “ You Have Reached The Maximum Number of Shipments You Can Create” message on the 9th Shipment. And still cannot do any Shipment 2 days later

I just want to know how many Shipments can you do? I have read the documentations but cannot find any answers.

I am subscribed to the Pro Plan (40 seats) and using ESP32.

I hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

I wonder if it relates to the number of shipments shown in the Blynk.Air history screen.
What number do you see here:

What happens if you delete one of the older records, using the 3 dots in the Actions column?

Pete.

this number tells you how many shipments you did.

Hi Pete,

Nice to be finally talking to you. Your answers on other topics has been helping me alot.

Ah yes I see, mine says 25 Shipments. As soon as I delete all the Shipment history, the Firmware Shipment works again.

Thank you so much Pete.

1 Like

Hi John,

Yes mine says 25, and it looks like that is the maximum number of Shipment history the app accepts. As soon as you clear it, everything works again.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello. Yes, the current limit is 25 shipments max. We can’t allow too many shipments as it may affect the performance when many checks should be performed during the device connection. There are few ways to improve that, but that’s not a priority right now.

Hi Dimitry,

Glad to hear from you! Thank you, got everything I need now.

Keep up the excellent work, the new blynk app is just extremely fun to work with. My company has been using blynk for all of our IoT projects for the client and everyone is happy. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Miftahyf,

I tried to delete my history of shipping and even after (with clear history) I still get the msg of maximum limit per day reached… I’m also subscribed to the Pro Plan.

Are you still able to ship more than 25 OTAs per day?

Thanks
Hugo

The maximum number of shipments per device per day is 25 for all plans, so you can’t ship more than 25 shipments per day. Even if you clear the shipments history, you still have to wait till the next day.

Currently, we have also a file upload limits. That is 25 file uploads a day. It’s not yet tuned based on the plan. We’ll improve that. Obviously, PRO users should have these limit increased.