On the atsamd21 development board, I used hc-05 and blynk RTC widgets for time updates

On ordinary AVR microcontrollers, such as arduino uno, the above combination is normal and works perfectly. But the problem that arises when porting to the atsamd21 development board, #include <SoftwareSerial.h>, without this library, what should I do?

RTC.ino:6:10: fatal error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory

That type of error message usually means that your compiler can’t find the library hat it’s looking for.

Pete.

1 Like

I know, but why is there no software serial library for samd21 and blynk? I have found a solution right now. Because samd21 has a hardware serial port 1, and usb does not conflict with this.

SoftwareSerial is a 3rd party product. You’d need to ask the developer why this hardware isn’t supported.

As far as Blynk support is concerned, I thought the Arduino Zero was a SAMD21 based board, and the Zero is supported by Blynk according to this:

Pete.

I don’t realy understand this yet but maybe there is no software serial because there are options for a second hardware serial. check out