OK totally lost here with Blynk2.0 example!

I have obviously missed something. Why do I create a template, then place widgets in a template on a Web Dashboard and then open the template in my mobile dashboard and still have to place widgets in the mobile template?

If I created a template on the web, when I open it in mobile, should it have the same widgets or not? If I push a button on the web dashboard does it operate the button widget on the mobile side?

Sorry man, I am lost

1 Like

You have to create widgets on your smartphone and attributes the stream you defined in the web stream panel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No, there is no replication of widgets across the two platforms. This makes sense when you think about it, as there are only a small number of widgets on the web dashboard now, and they generally work differently to the app widgets.

Yes, if they are both connected to the same datastream then they mirror each other, and a virtualWrite to they datastream from the hardware side will update both widgets.

Pete.

@PeteKnight But yet this

So then how does the syncing apply if you cannot duplicate the same widgets in both instances?

Imagine you have a gauge on the phone app,
you have to create a label on the dashboard with the same datastream

@Blynk_Coeur Yes, so if I have a gauge, it needs to be added to both Web and Mobile and the appropriate data stream designated-understood. I guess what doesn’t make sense, is why do I need a template on the web in the first place if I have to add all the same info on mobile anyway?

Supposedly they sync but I have not accomplished that yet. Also according to what @PeteKnight said, there are not the same amount of widgets on the web dashboard. So, apparently then, if my app is using a widget that does not exist in the web dashboard, then what exactly is the point of the template and web dashboard?

Not being sarcastic, trying to understand it all

@mpo881 the example is correct, a switch will sync across both environments.

If you have a datastream that shows temperature for example, and you display it in the app with one of the advanced gauge widgets then you’d need to find a different way to show the same data in the dashboard, because there is no gauge widget at the moment.
Let’s say you chose a chart widget instead for the web dashboard, the same data values would be shown in both environments, but the display method is different.

Pete.

1 Like

The timing for me could not be worse. I am about to go live with my product and having to completely re-invent the Blynk wheel is something I did not need at the moment. I am sure the result will be worth it in the end.

I am really getting peed off now!!!

so I installed this library to my arduino IDE as instructed

and now I get this !! so I cant even upload a sketch to the hardware anymore arrrgh!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!

@newdos sounds like this issue:

This issue was fixed, available from master branch: GitHub - blynkkk/blynk-library: Blynk library for IoT boards. Works with Arduino, ESP32, ESP8266, Raspberry Pi, Particle, ARM Mbed, etc.

Pete.

Pete you are a god!!! thank you at least I can upload to hardware now!!!

does this look ok now ?

whats the best way to try a simple test then ?

Cheers

kev

1 Like

You should tell Mrs K that!

Looks fine.
To be honest, any Blynk 0.1 sketch that doesn’t use bridging, notifications, emails or time input widgets should work fine with just those two extra template lines added.

Pete.

So to convert an old blynk skecth do I just recreate the app in the new version with all the widgets etc ? do you actually have to put any on the web dashboard ?

Oh boy, that does not sound good. I use quite a few notifications. Where do I start reading?

You don’t have to put your widgets on dashboard, it’s optional.
You only need to create datastream.

1 Like

cheers for that

1 Like

So found this via facebook blynk page - anyone know if this is true ???

1 Like

There are now to ways two do notifications.

1. Using Automations defined in the app…
  1. With Events…
    https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk.edgent/api/log-event

The automations option is quite cool, as it allows you to change them without changing the sketch, and the options are quite powerful. Try giving it a go.

It’s come from the guys at Blynk, so it must be :grinning:

I’m very confused by the timeline now. The emails from Blynk, and the annoying message in the app and the web dashboard said that we had until 25th June (i.e. tomorrow) before our free “PRO” access reverted to basic “Free” access if we hadn’t signed-up for a subscription.
This now seems to have changed to 25th July, because otherwise those of us with more then the allowed number of devices/users and “Plus/PRO” widgets in our apps will lose them in the intervening month.

Am I the only one who is confused by this?

Pete.

2 Likes

No your not Pete I am as confused as hell bud!!!

hope we do get another month though as really I have got nowhere with it yet!

No your not the only one.

1 Like