"numeric input" acts weird. Or is it just me?

are you serious? Just add “numeric input”- widget and test it with serial.println. Why do you need my code to test that? code is too large here anyway, so if someone tests it i´d rather send it to his/her e-mail. Ok? Give me an e-mail where to send it and iĺl do if you really need it… but i think you dont.

Can someone running Android please help @Lobotomi? Where’s @Gunner? He’s an Android guy, right?

Now when I thought about this itś actually impossible for others to test this with my code and my project. You will need an Ultrasonic distance sensor to start hydroponic watering and only then these “numeric inputs” is used. So I need to modify my code quite a lot that you can test it.

So if you please first test it by using only “numeric input”-widget and Serial.println… It doesn´t take long compared to that I need to modify my code for you to test it.

Thanks

,Tomi

Can you check Android beta 2.27.2? It has some changes for the way the entered value will be sent to hardware (on keyboard close)

Can you say where can I find that version? How to do it?

Open Blynk app’s page in Play Store app and scroll it to the section “Join the beta”

I have Blynk version 2.27.2 now and problem is solved. That´s great ! . There really was some problem with “numeric input” in that other version. Should you do something about it? But I´m happy that this version works like it should now. Big thanks to BlynkAndroidDev.

,Tomi

1 Like

I plan to release it tomorrow into production, just finishing some issues check.

2 Likes

Btw… would be nice to be able to use steps with decimals in that “numeric input”. Too late to add that kind of feature?

,Tomi

You should be able to add decimals there for virtual pins.

1 Like

Oh yes seems to be by using that “keyboard”. But I thought the actual “+ and - steps” could be with decimals (like 0.1). So when pressing + or - it for ex. adds 0.1 to the value everytime. Now when I input for ex. that 0.1 by using that keyboad and then press + the value is 1.1… So if those + and - could could use for ex. 0.1 steps. Hopefully you understood what I meant.

But its not so big problem there. But still… Would be nice.

Thanks anyway.

,Tomi

I still say the Numeric Input Widget would work better looking and acting as a standard numeric keypad (about the size of the Joystick or 1/4 screen)… and just as intuitively usable as one would expect it to be with whole or decimal numbers.

1 Like

Do you mean pressing +/- while the keyboard is open? It could work in such way as it is likely not finished editing, so the widget assumes old value - I’ll check

Doesn’t the Step Widget (H or V) already do exactly that… I have used it as such.

Edit, or are you looking for on the fly adjustment (AKA sharing accessible) of the decimal or value?

If I could set the “step” in “numeric input”-settings with decimals. now I can´t. Thats why those + and - has always minimum 1 whole step. Keypad itself works just fine, nothing wrong with it. And I cant press + or - when the keypad is open.

for Gunner. I havent tested that Step Widget, but this numeric input would be better for my purposes now. And if I get it right… yes, “on the fly adjustment”.

So decimals work with the keypad dont get me wrong… nothing serious… just those + and - has that minimum 1 whole step, which would be nice to be able to use with for ex 0.1 steps.

It won’t help in your case, but just FYI … the iOS version of the Numeric Input widget accepts a decimal step. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until we have parity between iOS and Android.

Yes they are very similar… IMHO, almost best to make one customisable widget.

Not what I was referring too… more like an actual widget that looked and acted like a keypad… all the time. But again, that would probably have differing purposes, both aesthetic an intuitive.

I can confirm this…

@Lobotomi the Android issue may be just a glitch. Make sure you are running the latest version of the App… I would even recommend the Beta version.

Decimal steps are supported from the very introduce of this widget, it is required to use a virtual pin on this widget for their support to be enabled. +/- button works correctly if you have 0.1 step

1 Like

Oh Thanks I didn´t know that it acts like that. I just hadn´t set the virtual pin for it yet. But if I first set the virtual pin, then surprise the decimals start to work. It´s bit weird behaviour, but decimals work after all

So sorry bout this trouble it was my mistake.

Thanks a lot for helping.

,Tomi

1 Like

Only virtual pin can support float values, so only for them this support has been enabled.

1 Like