Notifications sent to phone with a shared project

Hello. Can I ask if this scenario is intended or should it be fixed.

1. I shared 1 of my many projects with my wife on her phone. And yes I know this is dangerous and before you ask Gunner I mean shared as in shared not cloned :slight_smile:
  2. I have a number of blynk generated notifications on my projects.
  3. My wife gets notifications from my projects that I have not shared with her.
  4. She is getting annoyed :). We share a lot but not everything. Apparently she does not want to know if my wind turbine has stopped generation. I am a bit upset about that.

Anyway. Should this be happening: Notifications from unshared projects going to a person who has one of your shared projects installed?

You have taking purpose from my life :sob:

Oh well… might as well proactively test then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it is because the notifications are linked to the account not just the project. I tested a shared project, and if that project itself didn’t have any notification widget setup, then the shard phone did NOT get the notifications from other projects…

…Or at least not until after sharing another project that did have notifications (and tested them)… Now the sharing phone gets all other notifications, even after exiting the App and resharing a non-notified project… very strange… can’t seem to get it to shut up now.

Nothing from your wind turbine as of yet though.

Wow, seems that is a bug. Are you both using Android, as I remember?

1 Like

Oh no @Gunner far be it to take purpose from your life :slight_smile:

I can share my app if you like then you can see if my wind turbine is generating. But then you will also get a notification when I flush the toilet. So too much information there I fear.

Yes I am using android and so is my wife. As I don’t have the same relationship with @Gunner I can’t vouch for his phone type.

3 Likes

@BlynkAndroidDev Any updates on this issue, as I’m facing the same problem? I have two different shared projects, both of them receiving notifications from the other as well, although shared with different users. So now I’m receiving notifications from both projects like it should be, but users are getting the same as me, not only notifications related to their shared project. Even if, for example, first user device is offline, he will still receive notifications from second device active in unrelated project. If it helps, second project is first project clone, but I don’t see how that can mess things up, as it’s related to another device with different auth code.

@zodiac do you have latest app version on your phone and shared phones?

Yes, it’s 2.17.0 on mine and on one of shared phones. Other one is iPhone 6, using Blynk 2.12.0. Will update now and see what happens.

Ok, my friend just updated his iPhone to 2.13.0, still getting notifications from the other project. I made a new project for tryout, he’s getting notifications from this project as well, although it’s not shared at all.

Hi guys. Yes I still have this issue although I reported it some time ago and it was acknowledged as an issue. I was hoping it would have been sorted by now.

Are you stating that you just pushed notification to the newly created fresh project and your friend received that notification?

Exactly.

Thanks for the report. We’ll fix it ASAP

@koaiwi @zodiac should be fixed with latest server.

1 Like

To fix existing projects logout and login back on iOS. Or just remove and add back Notification widget in your master project.

1 Like

Thanks. Must have missed your bug tracker from some time back?

Tested today in all scenarios and directions, problem is definitely solved.