Notifications on the smartphone do not work

Hi.
Notifications on the smartphone do not work. I tried two different versions Blynk 2.27.4 and 2.27.5. If configure the Eventor widget so that when the state of the pin changes, a message is sent to the email in this case, everything works, but if you make the setting so that instead of email there are notifications on the smartphone itself, there is no sound or pop-up window. In the settings of the application Blynk pop-ups and sounds are allowed. There is also no notification when the connection is broken when both switches are set to the right position in the Notification widget settings. I tried to load these two examples into arduino.
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/examples/Widgets/PushNotification/PushNotification_Button/PushNotification_Button.ino
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/master/examples/Widgets/PushNotification/PushNotification_Interval/PushNotification_Interval.ino

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
// Select your modem:
#define TINY_GSM_MODEM_SIM800
#include <TinyGsmClient.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleSIM800.h>
BlynkTimer timer;

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial SerialAT(2, 4); // RX, TX
TinyGsm modem(SerialAT);

char auth[] = "";
char apn[]  = "";
char user[] = "";
char pass[] = "";

void notifyUptime()
{
  long uptime = millis() / 60000L;
  Blynk.notify(String("Running for ") + uptime + " minutes.");
}

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);

modem.restart();
  modem.init();

Blynk.begin(auth, modem, apn, user, pass);
  Blynk.notify("Device started");

timer.setInterval(60000L, notifyUptime);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

There are also no notifications.

Please use back ticks to format your code in the future. If you can’t find them google them for your OS. Are you using an iPhone by the way? I had to reinstall my app for the notifications to start working again…

I tried to install version Blynk 2.27.3, nothing has changed. Xiaomi smartphone.

Having a similar issue on my project. Does it got anything to do with the code??? Or is it Blynk.

Notifications work for me… granted I use a Local Server.

But I doubt there is a Cloud Server issue, else this forum would be flooded with “notifications” :wink: of lack of notifications.

I suspect the issue may be in the phones permissions settings… also check if your Notification Widget is set to Normal or High for it’s priority.

In the Blynk app the priority is turned on and also in the settings of the smartphone. Other applications with these settings show notifications.

All I can say is I have three different Android devices, two phones and one tablet, that are running 27/7 and each will get notifications… although admittedly my daily driver phone, a LG G6, gets them usually immediately, but sometimes many minutes later and every once in awhile hours later :astonished:… I can only attribute this to either the phone and/or OS skin it uses. And my one iOS device will rapidly bleep all past notifications once it turns on… very annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

But turned on to NORMAL or HIGH?

Edited the message and added a screenshot from Blynk.

1 Like

Install the Beta version… Scroll to the bottom of the Blynk Play Store page on your phone and you should see the option to join beta.

Send a few notifications, then if still nothing, send the developers the logging.

Where can I download the Beta version for android?

:arrow_up:

I joined the beta, updated the application to version 2.27.6, notifications do not work, what to do to send the developers the logging?

To send the Developers the logs from your App press the upper left icon as if to change projects, then the upper right [i] icon and Send logs to developer

Just trying to learn for future reference. I have done exactly as you said and I found as shown. What is a beta version for Blynk?

It is just a current version of the App but with much more logging included so that the developers can hopefully understand the hows, whys and wheres of some user issues.

You seem to still be running an older version of the App… you should be seeing a screen like this…

Thanks @Gunner.

What is interesting is that whatever action I did in Blynk is always the same log, for example, added a Button widget and changed the state of a pin on arduino, which was not reflected in the logs.

App Version Name: 2.27.6 (2276020)

built at 12.05.2019 15:02:01

OS API Level: 25

Model: Redmi 4

Manufacturer: Xiaomi

Where to send this log and what to do next?

After clicking on Send logs to developer, a menu appears where I have to select the program with which the report will be sent. Has the question report already been sent or is it still necessary to choose a program to send?

Yes… generally email works and to: the address should already be there.