BLYNK
HOME       📲 GETTING STARTED       📗 DOCS       ❓HELP CENTER       👉 SKETCH BUILDER

Notification without internet

Please do not use internet for push notification.
Many local project doesn’t have any internet and are just in a local network.

0 Likes

New iOS Release 2.12.0

than use a local server…

from cloud server how on earth they should send notification without internet? with carrier-pigeons?

1 Like

@wanek

i’m so worry about this cause this is not best idea anyway.
internet required anyway(for local network(lan) or over internet use - Both of them - anyway).

0 Likes

if you use local server, in a local network, than internet is NOT required.

but if you wish to access the hardware outside from your local network, you need internet.

1 Like

@wanek

@Eugene said.
in new version notification goes on Firebase that required internet. and i did everything(any do) but notification dosen’t push on my phones in latest app and server.

0 Likes

with local server it works on android, however.

1 Like

are you test it?
what is your version on app and server?
ios or android you did test it?

0 Likes

Based on indications in the documentation (setting-the-priority-of-a-message), I believe Blynks Push messaging utilised Google Cloud Messaging… thus some form of internet access on the Server (even Local), much like email.

1 Like

@Gunner
:expressionless:

0 Likes

@sh.abar.mard your issue is confirmed. We will try to fix it ASAP. (Pushes don’t work with internet on local servers)

0 Likes

Can you clarify… was this meant to say “don’t work without internet on Local Servers”? Because they DO work with internet :wink: (well, current App bug aside)

0 Likes