Not found in the documentation, maybe it's time to add it?

Hi,

I use dynamic AuthTokens automatic token generation, then how do I find it out (Token) to create an HTTP GET address ?

The second question is that the device can be added using a QR code, and where can I get this code?

Hi.

1. You can check the Token on the web, in the Device Info section.
  2. Adding device with the QR code is a part of Static Tokens feature (used mostly by non Wi-Fi hardware) and is available only in PRO plan. You can read about it here - Deploying Products With Static Tokens - Blynk Documentation

Dmitry, thank you for the answer, there are a few more points that I have encountered.

First: I really need a button to delete all Air - Shipping records, or I ask you to remove the limit on their number, because when there are a lot of them, it is no longer possible to create a new Shipping, and to delete the old ones, you need a lot of mouse actions.

Second: now the device template and the UI mobile application interface are inextricably linked, it would be more convenient for me personally if the template limited only the physical level of the device - the functionality of the device, and the display would be set by the user or at least it would be possible to group devices with the same and different UI display. I plan to create many devices of the same type that will be placed in different rooms for different users, I have to make my own template for each one because the buttons in the UI will be different - “Bedroom”, “Hall”, etc. The very meaning of the concept of a template is blurred. And how to administer it all? I’ll make a reservation - maybe I didn’t understand and all this is possible.

The third: I suffer from the inability to create buttons from different devices in the same application screen. In the previous version it was. There’s trouble now. Maybe I didn’t figure it out. I have two light control devices with 8 channels each. Both serve one floor and 5 rooms. I can’t think of how to organize their display because they can’t technically be divided into rooms or floors in the interface. And the input option: “Device 1”, “Device 2” - obviously does not fit (((

And I would like to return to the question of the marketplace, which is common for all devices based on BLYNK. Of course, it is necessary to protect independent developers. But if you want explosive growth for the company, this is not your way. I see the amount of work that you have already done… I really want the success and development of this project. It seems to me that combining developers of physical devices on one store site would be the right step.

Thanks,
Yuri Polyakov

PS: If my thoughts seemed interesting, I am ready to share them by phone or here in Russian, and I’m sorry for my French :slight_smile: . My whatsapp +7 916 670 7249

Agree. Ticket created.

You can create a single button with 1 template + add the alias widget (on the mobile). Alias widget allows you to change the name of the widgets assigned to the same pin.

Agree, known issue. Will be fixed eventually. For now, you can only use automation to group some actions across multiple devices or you can use Button Tile Template, so you have 1 primary button per device. So you can move something like “turn off all” button on the tiles screen.

Could you please explain why do you think marketplace is not a way to go? I didn’t get your point.

This is what MArketplace is for. Maybe I get you wrong.

According to the answer, I might think that the BLYNK marketplace already exists… But I didn’t find it. By marketplace, here I mean a catalog of devices running the BLYNK cloud server.

Let me explain my vision - for creating independent devices such as a separate irrigation controller or boiler room controller - blynk is ideal.

However, an ecosystem of devices from various manufacturers that control light, heating, curtains, ventilation and other engineering systems would be a worthy alternative to such systems as, for example, KNX or TUYA. BLYNK can give developers the opportunity to create very flexible devices that work both by wire and by radio protocols. At the same time, BLYNK has a UI interface constructor, which, as I know, no one else has. I don’t see any technical problems for creating an association. Perhaps a set of general technical rules is needed to better standardize the interaction between devices.

I think that BLYNK is out of competition commercially at the moment. The cost of developing a new device is minimal thanks to your cloud system, its capabilities are amazing. And it is constantly supplemented with something new. In order to interest a lot of large companies, a PR event is needed, I see such an event as the creation of a platform where all manufacturers can present and sell their products and show their capabilities. This should be beneficial to all three parties - producers, consumers and of course you.

PS: until I figured out the code, the possibilities of BLYNK were not obvious. There are no product examples describing their capabilities. That is why it is so important to show people products with the opportunity to study them in detail and possibly buy samples. PR articles on the BLYNK website - believe me, they are of little use

Yes. That’s the direction we’re moving. White label clients already work in that way. For example, they add a template smart plug, after a while, they add a device smart bulb, after a while, they add a smart door opener, etc.
As a result, they have a system of different devices that are easily connected via blynk platform, and end-users can add more and more devices from the same manufacturer. But white label clients are isolated within their own server. And with Blynk.Discovery many devices from different manufactured could be joined together.

However, we’re not that optimistic like you regarding Blynk.Discovery, after all, it would very cheap proposal.

I’m excited to see what Blynk.Discovery looks like. I think there is a real opportunity for companies using blynk to attract customers by showing them that they can add more to the platform.

Of course a lot of it comes down to the products themselves which Blynk has no control over.

Because the cost of entry with Blynk is relatively low hopefully it will feature more niche products, not just light bulbs and switches like most platforms. It could turn out to be very interesting.

Of course I hope there isn’t a lot of people selling products that compete with me haha!

Hi, today I can’t register the device, a configuration error, and an error when choosing a WI-FI network, screenshots are attached. Is your equipment OK?

@Yury hello, please send us the logs so we can detect the precise reason. Looks like a hardware issue at first sight. Have you changed something on the firmware? Is that Android?

this is IOS, after re-checking, I found out that it does not connect to the new router, it connects to the old one without problems.

specify where the logs are located

User icon at the top left corner → About → Send logs

I manually registered the name of the network in the application, but nevertheless the problem with choosing a WIFI network from the list remained

LOGS sended

Thanks. What is your SSID name? @Eugene please take a look.

So from the logs we see that the reason of provision failures were incorrect ssid entered during configuration (device couldn’t connect to the router and therefore never registered itself to blynk server). In the last attempt the ssid was correct and provision finished successfully.

The list of available Wi-Fi networks to use is collected on device itself and then passed to the app. Can you check the device logs on when the app is presenting the “Choose Wi-Fi network” screen. On this screen you can “pull-to-refresh” to scan for nearby networks multiple times.

Eugene, hello,

True, the last time I connected, but the problem still exists. It lies in the fact that if you enter the SSID or password incorrectly, these credentials are stored in memory and it is no longer possible to change them even by entering the correct data. After I guessed to erase all the memory of the ESP8266 and re-enter the correct password (although I have already entered it several times before), only after that it was possible to connect. There is also a problem with finding available WiFi networks, there is a screenshot above. Look at the code, there is a chance that there is a bug in the connection logic

My SSID Keenetic-7455

By the way, I will say that such errors as in the screenshots above do not help in finding the problem at all. When the error contains the reason for the failure, it would help and we would not waste time. I scolded my fellow programmers at my former job all the time for this… That’s partly why my favorite job became a former one…

unfortunately, another problem has been discovered, the cycle code does not work until the device is connected to the BLINK cloud, this is very serious because without this functionality, the device is useless. Tell me what changes to make to the code so that the device performs local functions without connecting to WiFi, thank you