nodeMCU esp12e

Actually, both NodeMCU and Amica v1.0 boards are much better built than any Wemos Mini D1 will ever be. Seems only Lolin is a bad choice when considering NodeMCU board.

I think they’re a good choice of board in some situations The extra pins can be handy and the holes in the corners make them easy to mount.
Once you understand the issue with needing to power the base, and use a USB cable that works with the socket they work very well in my experience. I have a couple that have been running 24/7 for around a year and I’ve not had any issues with them.

Pete.

The WeMos clones are only $2.50.

I would agree and certainly what we would recommend to anyone starting out with Blynk.

My last order shows 2.30 USD for Mini D1, Amica NodeMCU cost 0,50 USD more, so no big deal.

@zodiac I would still rate the WeMos higher than the NodeMCU for beginners partly because there seems to lots of different NodeMCU’s and some are not as easy to use as a WeMos.

I can agree with that, Wemos is very easy to use and there are no bad clones on the market. Wemos is also better with power consumption. But NodeMCU is heavy artillery from a hardware perspective, and probably the best ESP-12 based board available.

Yes, I did see a few around that price (called a lite version?), but I wanted to try a NodeMCU and $3.26US was around the lowest pricing, with a solid looking supplier, that I found… without wasting too much time looking. It has been years since I have done much ebay shopping, so I need to find good sources all over again :stuck_out_tongue:

I think these will suffice for familiarizing myself with these boards for forum assistance needs.

Things have moved on since the ebay days, try AliExpress for a full WeMos clone.

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies guys and I might just go down the route as per zodiac advice and purchase a different model
Happy season greetings to all
oldvolt

Hi
Final question on this subject have any members used the following

AZDelivery Nodemcu Lua Amica Module V2 ESP8266 ESP 12E WiFi Wifi Development Board with CP2102 1x NodeMCU Amica V3

Thanks oldvolt

Yes, you are fine with this module. This is exact model I’m using,

Thanks zodiac I will get one ordered
Kind Regards oldvolt

1 Like

Are you using Win 7? My PC hates this driver… really annoying…

Hi psoro
I am using windows 10 thanks for the information
oldvolt

1 Like

I’m using Windows 7 64-bit, never had any trouble with 2102 driver. Installed once, works for months without a single problem.