Node-red-contrib-blynk-iot QUOTA_LIMIT_EXCEPTION problem

[Photo of computer monitor removed by moderator]

I’m getting this error message in my nodered debug.
Nodered stops updating data to blynk after this. It only recovers after restarting nodered

Please edit your post and replace the photograph of your screen with a screenshot (use Snip & Sketch if you’re running windows on the machine that the browser is open in).

Some information about the parts of your flow that use the Blynk write node, and which version of the Blynk IoT contrib you are using would also be useful.

Pete.

I’m using node-red-contrib-blynk-iot version 1.0.0

My setup is a raspberry Pi 400 running mosquito server and node-red.
I have around 50 to 100 topics receiving values every 5 second through ‘mqtt in node’ and each of these are connected to dedicated ‘blynk write node’ which is connected to respective virtual pins.

I’m guessing that you’re somehow managing to spam the Blynk server with data.

Blynk is okay with 10 data writes per second, and 5 seconds divided by 5o topics hits that limit. Increase that to 100 topics and you’re at twice that limit.

You could try changing the frequency of the data writes from your devices, or add some Filter nodes that are set to “block unless value changes” to limit situations where the same data is sent repeatedly…

Other than that, its difficult to suggest other causes for the issue, or corresponding solutions, without more info.

Pete.

Thank you for this suggestion.
But is there a way to increase this 10 data per second limit. Because I definitely think my future requirements will cross this easily even with your suggested solution.

The limits are imposed by the Blynk server, and you can’t change them.

The general advice is not to write more than 10 times per second, and it’s not really clear if this is to one datastream or to all datastreams, but for most situations it’s not usually necessary to update values so frequently. Unless you have raw data enabled then the values are amalgamated into one minute averages anyway within the server’s database.

Pete.