No Wi-Fi connection

There is a WiFi router on the 2nd floor. So the LED on the Wemos d1 module through Blynk on the 2nd floor works well. I go down to the first floor and try to operate, but the LED does not work. It seems that Wi-Fi connection is not possible. My phone is WiFi connection. Why will not WiFi get caught in Wemos d1 module? Help.

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "YourAuthToken";

// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to "" for open networks.
char ssid[] = "YourNetworkName";
char pass[] = "YourPassword";

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

I fixed your post by properly formatting your pasted code as required…

Most likely because the Wemos WiFi reception/transmission is not as good as on your phone… and your phone may very well be switching back and forth to it’s Cell connection without you being aware of it.

Not all WiFi devices/antennas are created equal.

BTW, this has nothing to do with Blynk itself… any other process that requires a consistent WiFi connection would suffer the same way if on a fringe edge of signal strength.

Possible solutions would be to move the router to a more centralised location in the house, add in a WiFi repeater, switch to a different type of Wemos D1 Mini (Pro) with the option for an external antenna, hold the Wemos above your head and wave it around…

1 Like

Is d1 mini pro of Wemos module good WiFi signal characteristic?
The module I am using is Wemos d1 r2 mini.

The Pro version have a ceramic built in antenna… whether that is better or not is debatable. But it does allow option of using an external antenna… which should be higher gain, depending on quality of antenna.

It does however require some solder work to switch the link from the internal to the external connection.

Thank you.