No ping while opening serial port of arduino connecting to esp 8266 module

/* Comment this out to disable prints and save space */
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h>
// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "5f6a31627c61xxxxxxxeda4823c";
// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to "" for open networks.
char ssid[] = "mi y2";
char pass[] = "dilkhush@20";

// Hardware Serial on Mega, Leonardo, Micro...
//#define EspSerial Serial1

// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano...
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2,3); // RX, TX

// Your ESP8266 baud rate:
#define ESP8266_BAUD 9600

ESP8266 wifi(&EspSerial);

WidgetLED led1(V1);

BlynkTimer timer;

// V1 LED Widget is blinking
void blinkLedWidget()
{
  if (led1.getValue()) {
    led1.off();
    Serial.println("LED on V1: off");
  } else {
    led1.on();
    Serial.println("LED on V1: on");
  }
}

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

// Set ESP8266 baud rate
  EspSerial.begin(ESP8266_BAUD);
  delay(10);

Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass);

timer.setInterval(1000L, blinkLedWidget);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

sir please help me i have read many post about in esp8266 in the community but it doesnā€™t help me :anguished:. iam facing the problem because as you see in picture there is no ping .i tried connecting to wifi many time all the time wifi connected but only one time i see the option of ping only once and after that time till now i have no ping option in serial monitor :frowning::sob:.i hope that my problem may be solved .i have firmware version 0.9.5.0 flashed in esp 8266 and using it with arduino .All at command works in 96000 baud rate. @Gunner @Costas

Yet you missed the parts about formatting your posted code as per the Welcome Topic, I fixed that.

And NOT posting your AUTH so others here can mess with your project :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I fixed that as well but you might want to change it.

Also about NOT calling out regulars to look at your codeā€¦ everyone, including us, will see it eventually anyhow.

As for your issueā€¦ yes there are many topics about using an ESP as a shield for Arduino. And since you did get connected at least once, your pinouts should be fine. Perhaps look at the guidelines about proper power for the ESP as well.

1 Like

I am new to this forum so I do not know the format.sorry for that.:roll_eyes:
Sir I have checked pinout but there is no ping option
I am powering esp 8266 module via arduino 3.3 volt pinout.wifi get connected then why ping is not there

That is what we have that Welcome Topic :wink:

As mentioned in many of those other topicsā€¦ Arduino 3.3v pin can NOT provide enough current for most ESP needsā€¦ You must have a seperate 3.3v source, typically 500mA+ is a safe bet, and just share the GND between the ESP and Arduinoā€¦

2 Likes

But sir if it provide insufficient current then why wifi get connected and ping option not there

Because it is NOT enough current for proper operationā€¦ Which part of ā€œuse seperate power sourceā€ is unclear?

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/arduino/esp8266-with-at-firmware

2 Likes

Ok sir,it means I should not provide power to esp 8266 via arduino.now I will try to power it by another source.is there any hack to power esp 8266 because I have to go to city to buy robotics part which is 100 km far from my village.:neutral_face:

I am from india

@dilkhush PC USB port will give enough power or a mobile phone charger. Or hack some other cable rather than travelling 100km.

1 Like

Sir I have esp module which require 3.3 volt and my laptop and charger provide 5v if I provide power from them to esp8266 may be it will stop working.will you provide any hack method.

You mean you have a bare ESP rather than a dev board?

1 Like

ESP as shieldā€¦ so probably ESP-01ā€¦ your favorite :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was just going to say I hope you are not using a tacky ESP01!!!

See false economy, you now have to drive 100km.

ESP01 $1 of trash.
WeMos $3 super ESP and use your existing chargers etc.

Sir I flashed this version

You need min 500mA I think, so a voltage divider with resistors will probably not do the job well at allā€¦ You basically need a 3.3v voltage regulator of some sort.

1 Like

My WeMos runs at about 90mA and would probably be fine running from an Arduino but those nasty ESP01ā€™s can draw a huge amount of power and interfere with your WiFi.

1 Like

WeMos.

2 Likes

Then what should I do