New user w/ a commercial project. Couple of Questions?

I suppose it is possible to send the 100 values over 10 seconds (if I have read the data throttling limits correctly) but without a way to label the x axis in anything other than time it is a bit clunky. I am still playing with work arounds for that, I guess Iwas just hoping I was maybe missing a way to push a 2d array to the charting :slight_smile:

I think you are right it is read only for the text. I would like it to be able to have the same widgets as the device, I am not sure why it has these limitations:(

You could do it an old fashion way and use the terminal to draw a text graph.

x x x
x x x xx x
x x x xx x

we made some very complex games using text in the bad old days

It may come to that!

I am looking at maybe just making a web app to consume the array for that one piece and just open a new window. HTML5 or JS can easily draw the graph. Most of the other platforms I looked at have some provision for attaching custom html / JS to the dashboard, and there are hints of that here, but nothing that seemed documented.

I have not gotten into that side of things using blynk, There is a way to send html data

Yeah, that was pretty much where I was looking. Honestly, the lack of text boxes or list menu’s is more annoying :neutral_face: … I guess I will just have to train our support staff to get out their phones!

1 Like

I agree. I have a desire to be able to use the console without the app.

Perhaps some way to run the app on a web browser or some emulator would be nice

What if you add a slider for each frq and then update the sliders as needed?

The workflow is that an adjustment is made to the tuning of an antenna (sliders work well here at least) then a plot of the new response curve is sent back. Further adjustments are made until the tuning is correct. With a human looking at the plot tuning can be done in maybe 5-10 tries. Originally, we were going to just automate the whole process, but there are 6^32 tuning combinations (at about 50ms each try) if we brute force it and refining a search algorithm for the limited number of these we are going to produce isn’t worth it. For the first batch it is looking like we will just return the 2 important numbers and just have to imagine the graph :slight_smile:

the tuner could update one set of sliders and the other set could be used as the returned data. It would be just a graph of the data. It can be very quickly updated and look like a real time graph.

image normally we work off a plot something like this, and just move the blue dip as close tot he bottom and center as possible. Easy enough to train once someone knows which knobs make it go where. Returning just the min peak and what frequency it happened at is enough to work with, just not nearly as intuitive.

I see, Imagine this on its side and bars instead of lines

yeah, I get it. For a personal project I would likely do something like this. For a work project I will just get asked why we didn’t write an MQTT bridge to fix the connection from Arduino to Azure :roll_eyes:

I think Blynk will get us close enough to what we need to be useful, and hopefully the commercial aspects will continue to grow!

Good luck I hope it all gets worked out for you. :grinning:

Thanks, Nice chatting with you!

Hello. Thanks for your interest. Both points are valid.

Regarding text input - I think it will be done in the next 2 weeks. Web Dashboard is pretty new for us, so it is missing some key inputs. Will be fixed eventually.

Regarding the graph - it’s a common request. Can’t promise anything, but we’ll check what we can do.

1 Like

Hi @Aaron,

Thanks for your feedback!

As @Dmitriy already said, we are adding new widgets when there is a reasonable amount of requests, however, we also have a department in Blynk that can build any widget or feature based on your requirements.

If you believe Blynk covers the majority of the features you need, but you lack some core features to launch your business - please get in touch and we can discuss how it can be done.

2 Likes

Pavel and Dmitriy,

Thanks for the information, I’m glad these are on your radar and realize that the commercial offering and web interface is a newer product, i will be interested to see how it grows!

Currently we are going to use Blynk for this low volume project to test features, but we do have a much larger project coming up that I believe Blynk will also be a good fit for. I sent a message to your sales support form on the website to arrange a call as we will want to discuss custom integrations and moving to your white-box solution. I look forward to working with you!

Thanks
Aaron

2 Likes