New Blynk Server Release

Dear all,

since new 0.28.0 Blynk Server version you are required to update Java version from Java 8 to Java 9.

On Linux-like system you need to:

1. sudo apt-get install oracle-java9-jdk
  2. Stop server;
  3. Run server;

On Windows:

1. Download new Java 9;
  2. Install it;
  3. Stop server;
  4. Run server;

If you have any issues - please post it here.

You will see the error in case you are trying to run the latest server on java 8.

Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: cc/blynk/server/launcher/ServerLauncher has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:368)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:362)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:495)

Migration required in order to decrease memory consumption and better performance.

1 Like

Lame, this update basically cuts out Synology NAS as server because no support for Java9.

:expressionless:

Looks like I won’t be updating for a long time.

1 Like

@Jamin in case of many requests I may do a java 8 build so it will work on older java versions. I just haven’t time to do all in one release.

1 Like

A Java8 version would be handy. At least until Synology announce any news on Java9 support (so far no articals at all about it).

Ok. I created the ticket. Will take a look when I have free time. For now updating to 0.28.0 is not required as there were no changes on apps.

1 Like

No rush as the previous version is running my projects fine.

1 Like

Mmm… Java 9… I Will try to update my Orange Pi, not sure about the proper procedure… :disappointed_relieved: … for sure a good challenge for me due to my lack of knowledge about Linux… Fingers crossed!

Warning!! Linux No0b alert :stuck_out_tongue:

Even after running sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get install oracle-java9-jdk, I get this error:

gunner@AspireOne ~ $ sudo apt-get install oracle-java9-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package oracle-java9-jdk

I am running Linux Mint (Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS)

There is no Java9 for the ARM (e.g. Raspi) so it’s useless to try and update :slight_smile:

Ok guys. I found an easy way to make builds for Java 8 and Java 9. So we will release 2 builds every time.

For java 8

server-0.28.0-java8.jar

For java 9

server-0.28.0.jar

9 Likes

You sir, are the best!!!

Ok Bro thanks you very much

Thanks @Dmitriy - I was wondering why I couldn’t install Java9 on my Rpi.

No need to bother, just use a dedicated java8 version.

1 Like

Because there is no ARM version yet released. Keep an eye out on the Oracle website for updates :slight_smile:

@Dmitriy
The Source Files is for which one(Java8 or 9)?

@s.d.engineering Both should work. You may specify java8 profile as default in main pom.xml. (Right now default env is Java 9) - https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/blob/master/pom.xml#L68

1 Like

I recently updated to the latest Java 8 version, but it seems to crash after a few (aprox 6-8) hours…

I just have default logging and this is all that shows… any ideas? or do I need to change logging options?

21:20:04.340 ERROR- Unexpected error!!!
21:20:54.801 ERROR- Unexpected error!!!
21:21:58.025 ERROR- Handler class : class cc.blynk.server.application.handlers.main.auth.AppLoginHandler. Name : ALogin
21:21:58.026 ERROR- Handler class : class cc.blynk.server.hardware.handlers.hardware.HardwareHandler. Name : HHArdwareHandler
21:22:18.174 ERROR- Unexpected error!!!

Same issue here but only once and without the “ALogin” line