šŸš€ New Blynk release!

This could mean so may different things from not compiling to not responding as expected.

Iā€™d suggest that you start a new ā€œneed help with my projectā€ topic and provide ALL the details that are requested when you do this.
You should also provide details of what your serial monitor shows, and what you have set-up regarding templates, datastreams etc in Blynk.360

Pete.

Please provide Python Libraries for new Blynk platform and features, This will add to more developers and further flexibility.

Iā€™m not receiving the sign up verification email (yes, I checked the spam folder).

Please try the value display. LED now works a bit differently I think because of min/max of the DS.

Please send me your email, Iā€™ll check logs.

Hello. How long will the adorid and ios software of the old version be available? We have the old local server version, we can continue to use it, but without the software it wonā€™t make sense.

Iā€™m not speaking on behalf of Blynk here, but I think it will actually be governed by Google and Apple, and the way that they develop the Android and iOS operating systems in future.
As mobile OSā€™s change, the tools needed to provide many of the Blynk app features will also be updated to work with, and use the new features of the new OS releases.
When this happens, it can affect the way that the app works and can require considerable effort to update the app to continue working with the updated tools and to be compatible/compliant with the new OS version.

It wonā€™t make economic sense for the Blynk developers to do any work on the existing app in this way, so at some point youā€™ll find that the app wonā€™t work with the latest mobile OS version. Thatā€™s fine if youā€™re happy to have a device that is used solely for running Blynk, but for most people they want their mobile phone to be able to run their favourite apps (which will probably require the latest OS version) and to run Blynk as well. After all, thatā€™s the beauty of the Blynk app - you can pull your regular phone out and check on or control your devices whenever and wherever it suits you.

I suppose at some point Blynk will pull the old apps from the app/play store to encourage users to migrate to the new system. If youā€™re an Android users then you can save the .apk file and continue to install it on other devices, but itā€™s more difficult for Apple users unless they want to get into jailbreaking.

Iā€™m sure they there will be some people who run a local server and keep an old phone to run the Blynk app for years to come, much like the businesses who have that old Windows 95 machine running that one application that wonā€™t run on anything else, but thatā€™s not a practical solution for most people.

So, I think the answer is that it will be out of Blynk hands when the old app stops working on the latest Android/Apple OS, so I donā€™t think they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

Iā€™ve seen some suggestions on here that Blynk should make the source code for the old app open source, but that makes no sense at all. First of all it would slow down sales of their new product, and it would also reveal some intellectual property which is no doubt also used in their current app. There are a dozen other reasons why it would be impractical for most end users anyway, so Iā€™d be astonished if that ever happened.

Pete.

3 Likes

So we are kept hostage :smile:

Pete, do you use new blynk V2 ?
What do you think about ?
Do you plan to upgrade all your V1 applications to V2 ?

No, other than the beta testing I did.

Iā€™m not keen on the setup process where you need to keep switching between the web and app, and I donā€™t like the Device Tiles approach in the app, but there are some new features I like.
The biggest issue for me is the lack of Node-Red support because websockets are not implemented, so I canā€™t migrate to it even if I want to.

Iā€™m not sure. If Node-Red integration is added, either via websockets or some other method then maybe.
In the meantime Iā€™m researching alternatives and may go for one of those instead. If I make the switch to something else then I canā€™t see me switching to Blynk V2 later, unless thereā€™s a really good reason.

What about you?

Pete.

1 Like

Same situation for me, I donā€™t like the new configuration,
I donā€™t like the Android app without black background.
I am also looking for an alternative, like Virtuino.

Pete,
Do you think there will be a Blynk V2 section in the community ?

Iā€™ve asked @Pavel several times, but no response.
Itā€™s certainly needed, as most of the content here doesnā€™t apply to v2 and it will be very confusing, and very difficult to moderate :frowning_face:

Pete.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, they donā€™t do an iOS app :frowning_face:

Pete.

2 Likes

No, thatā€™s not true.
You can add widgets to the tile (in the same way as you could before) and create a screen that looks very much like the existing Blynk screen.
My objection is that I donā€™t like the tiles as a representation of devices, but thatā€™s my personal preference.

Sounds like a commercial project, which is against the terms of use for the free version of Blynk 1.0

Pete.

No.
I bult it for my science day in a very small scale.
I am a high school Students.
Not a businessmana

Hi Pete Sir,
@PeteKnight
I read in the events sections in blynk 2.0 that we can give alerts in 2.0 with SMS along Email and Notification.
If yes, How to do i t ?
Kind request ā€“
please reply in a simple language because I am a 8th std student.

I donā€™t know, Iā€™ve never tried it.

Pete.

I have turned it on. But I donā€™t recieve any sms. would be a great feature to send messages with sms or whatsapp @Pavel @vshymanskyy

Pete is correct. There are widgets inside of the tile. However, we can say that Tiles became th home screen, thatā€™s correct too.

Implementing dashboards with aggregated data and control is very very high on our to-do list after stabilization.

Sending SMS is currently disabled as we need to understand how to charge for this based on the region, provider, etc. Most likely we will allow adding your Twilio account credentials to make it work.

1 Like

@PeteKnight we donā€™t have a definite answer on how to separate forum for 2 versions. One one side, we definitely donā€™t want to create new forum, but definitely need a way for people to specify the version they are using.

I understand that people tend to ignore requirements, but as of today we are a bit stuck with what we have.

Maybe you can recommend something as the best moderator this forum has ever seen?

1 Like

Hi @Pavel, youā€™d originally said that there would be a separate category for Blynk 2.0 topics, but that hasnā€™t been created.
Also, people find the existing categories confusing, as people often post in ā€œIssues and Errorsā€ because theyā€™ve encountered an error message whist compiling their sketch, or ā€œProjects made with Blynkā€ because thatā€™s what theyā€™re trying to do.

I think the category ā€œsubtitlesā€ need to be amended so that the usage is clearer, and the same information added to the top of the pre-populated template. For exampleā€¦

Category:
Issues and Errors
Subtitle:
Report bugs in Blynk.360, Blynk.Edgent, Blynk.App, Blynk.Inject or Blynk.Air

Template:
Please ONLY use this category to report bugs in Blynk.360, Blynk.Edgent, Blynk.App, Blynk.Inject or Blynk.Air to the developers.
Do not use this category to report bugs with the original version of Blynk, that version is no longer being maintained.

Please provide all the necessary information to allow our developers to fully understand and re-create the issue you have encountered.
The minimum information required is:

ā€¢ Hardware model + communication type. For example: Arduino UNO with Ethernet Shield
ā€¢ Smartphone OS (iOS or Android) and the app version from the ā€œAboutā€ screen
ā€¢ Blynk Library version
ā€¢ Your subscription plan type (Free, Plus, Pro)

Please include screenshots where appropriate and your code where appropriate.
When posting code, please ensure that it is correctly formatted as follows:

```cpp

Your sketch code in hereā€¦

```

I think that title still belongs to @Gunner :gun:

Pete.

2 Likes