New Blynk Library v0.5.1 is Released (important for local server owners)

Yeah, that works fine, but I don’t like that solution. I’ll just reprogramm the things, it’s better anyway, in the end…

This is not possible. Blynk is evolving and we have to remove, add, deprecate old things. Even huge companies with billions in cash like facebook, google, apple do that every day.

3 Likes

Yes, but not in the manner that you have to manually edit all sorts of stuff to get it working again :wink:

@Lichtsignaal you may use the cloud for that instead of the local server.

But I still would have to switch ports on the hardware side, right?

No. In this case we have much more control over configuration, and do our best to keep everything working as usual.

3 Likes

Yes, I can confirm that. I do have one device working with cloud, flashed so long time ago, that I don’t even remember when (But it probably was the 2016), and it still connects to Blynk server.

1 Like

@Dmitriy should SSL work with local server (cloud based) and anything special we need to do?

It should.

@Dmitriy it returns an invalid certificate error.

@Costas have you generated certificates?

The cloud server shows a valid Let’s Encrypt certificate.

@Costas please create another topic with additional details.

1 Like

@Dmitriy all good now thanks, bad coding on my part :slight_smile:

1 Like

Costas…the Coder…“bad coding…”…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:open_mouth:

Even non-humans have a bad day from time to time…:wink:

In my defence it was mega, mega complex cryptographic code, hence the need for SSL.

What does “dropping the port” mean?

If one keeps the line
hardware.default.port=8442
in server.properties, what will happen now? Will local server still listen on 8442 or will ignore this line and listen to 8080?

Dropped synonyms: let fall, let go of, lose one’s grip on; release, unhand, relinquish

AKA, it, 8442, is NOT used by Blynk anymore… at least by design.

Who know it you can tweek your local server for it again or not. Probably just as easy to update the hardware to 8080 anyhow, as one needs to reflash library updates anyhow.