New Android Release 2.22.0

@mugur already available.

1 Like

Thank you! Got it.

Dear Blynk Team,
this is a major upgrade so CONGRATULATION!
I already enjoy Numeric Input although I can not set Title from hardware…!

Well done!

What do you mean?

having everything updated, I have Numeric Input at V2 so given:
Blynk.setProperty(V2, "label", "Cooking Time in Seconds");
the title does not setted.
Is that clear or you need better description?
Thanks

Set property is an advanced feature used by just a few users. This is why it’s not a priority and will be added sometimes only.

I understand but I use them a lot!

2 Likes

I also use set label from hardware…

I totally hear you, and as I said it will be implemented one day.

Blynk Server is an Open-Source product. You can fork and make adjustments in case you really need certain features. Particularly this feature can be copy/pasted based on properties for other widgets.

@Pavel this is app issue, not server.

Loving the new input buttons. So many new options

Hitting return on the Text Input widget sends the output fine (HINT needs param.asStr() ) but it doesn’t clear the widget… thus requiring lots of backspacing.

It also doesn’t appear to send an end of line or carriage return, thus unable to use code logic or as proper serial output as it just keeps adding on where it left off.

Also unsure how Numerical Input is much better than a Step Widget? Short of a bigger number display.

A small (1/4 - 1/3 size of desktop?) 10+ key numeric keypad would be more appropriate.

lots of good stuff there guys. Good to get text and numeric input at last… @Gunner you might have missed this but you can enter numbers from the keyboard as well as use the incrementor. So I find it better than the Step Widget.

But is it intended to have decimals. I seem to be able only to enter integers. The graphic suggests decimals ? 3.14 at top of the screen shot

btw the fix to visual display of the pin on the widget in the tile ui works fine. Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

Decimals could be entered only when the virtual pin is selected

It’s editable from the keyboard - just touch the number text.

1 Like

It is intended to work without clearing the edit field, there will be another widget with clearing sent values and lots of other options, but not soon.

OK, but without even a EOL indication on the assigned variable that can be used for logic control, I can’t seem to find a practical use for this widget… well, not yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I think it is better the way it is NOW (NOT clearing the text field). Imagine You just want to change one or two digits, but by design you are forced to enter a whole text. But perhaps the text (as a whole) could be selected (highlighted) @BlynkAndroidDev? Then the user could either erase it just by starting typying, or point on the text to unselect it to make corrections.

But anyway: A great update!

Surely, this edit text field works like all other edit fields on Android.