New Android Release 1.16.1

How come the home screen widgets aren’t refunded? I thought we’d got past that?

Home screen widgets are subject to being moved and edited and deleted and readded even more so than widgets in the app! What gives?

1 Like

If it is expensive for you - just don’t use it. We did it for users who asked it and were ready to pay 10 cents.

I thought we’d got past that?

Due to technical reasons it is impossible to make it refunded (that was initial plan indeed)

T.b.h. I think he has a point. Maybe @Pavel or @Dmitriy can explain a bit further why it’s made this way? :slight_smile:

1. Conceptually: it’s worth 10 cents. Even I’m paying for such features)
  2. Technically: there are many cases where we cannot determine for sure that widget is deleted.
2 Likes

We can instead make a “Blynk project” Widget which we can interact with the wtdgets but can’t delete or add!.

Hi @Dmitriy ,
Even I have issues with the Android Home widgets. I have tested only button, which is in switch mode. From the app it works wonderful, no problem at all. From Home Screen Widget it does not work, it echos the state of the button from the app but does not execute the code.
I am using the Blynk cloud. HW is Particle Photon.

RaPro - could you share button’s pin?

@RaPo is that latest app?

Hi, I have 2 buttons connected to V0 and V1. At the moment, I have tested only V0 and it doesn’t work from widget.

@Dmitriy yes latest app from play store (inluding the latest update : Fixes for Home Screen Widget and decreased prce to 100). But my widget was of course created before this update.

@RaPo Please try to remove and add widget again. Is your project in running mode?

Hi @Dmitriy Yes my project is in running mode.
Will I loose Energy when I remove and add the widget ?? Because while adding the widget, it said energy is not recoverable.

Yes. You will lose energy.

@Dmitriy then it is not fair to charge for a non working functionality. :frowning:

Virtual pins should have no problems with update, it worked on our side… I’ll prepare for you a log build to check what is or does it failing on android side on your device.

We will return you energy if you help us find the reason :slight_smile:.

Could you check this build and after pressing buttons on home screen:

1. open app again
  2. make long press on screen title
  3. select gmail or other mail client in opened share dialog and send me file which will be attached to create mail - alexkipar@gmail.com

Hi @BlynkAndroidDev
Thanks for this debug build.
As suggested by Dmitriy, I removed widget and added it again, and now it works fine.
I hope above log is not necessary any more.

1 Like

Dmitriy, any news regarding the IOS update with GPS, video, etc? Thanks!

We would be expecting webhoot and eventor next I’d say…