Need help setting up local server

Hello,
I’m a newbie
I have installed local server on a rpi zero w and the local ports are working perfectly …
My isp uses double nat, so I can’t use port forwarding …
i “bought” a free website using freenom.com and I don’t know how to set it up.
as far as I know a static ip is an address used to pin point your device/server over internet …
so can I use a domain name like a static ip and use it as an alternative to static port forwarding?
in the server.properties I added the server.host and contact.email properties
please help,
Thank you.

I don’t really understand the question, but I doubt very much if you’ll be able to use the free website to host your local server, and trying to use a free website instead of a DDNS service wont overcome the double NAT issue with your ISP.

Have you tried using ZeroTier?
I use it as a simple way to access devices across different networks and it can also be used to give access to a local server without using DDNS and port forwarding. I don’t know if it works with a double NAT system though, as I don’t have one to test it with.

Pete.

1 Like

OMG!! it works … thank you very much :heart:

Do you want to share the steps you went through to get this working, to help others with a double NAT problem?

Pete.

Yesss …I’ll create a new topic and post the steps asap

Done,

Posted on Blynk Community

1 Like

Thank you.

Pete.

1 Like

Once again, thank you Mr. Knight for a very informative comment. I have had no trouble with port forwarding with my own routers, but when working with a cellular WiFi hotspot for internet access recently, had considerable grief with their hardware. ZeroTier solved my problem very quickly and easily. Thank you.

1 Like