Need Help as Facing Issues Connecting Blynk App to NodeMCU

Hello there,

I am facing some difficulties connecting my Blynk app to my NodeMCU board. I have followed the instructions in the documentation and various tutorials, but I can’t seem to establish a stable connection.

I have created a new project in the Blynk app and obtained the authentication token. I have also added a Button widget to control an LED on the NodeMCU.

I have uploaded the Blynk example sketch for the NodeMCU, making sure to replace the authentication token and configure the Wi-Fi credentials correctly.

I have monitored the serial output from the NodeMCU and noticed that it successfully connects to the Wi-Fi network but struggles to establish a connection with the Blynk server.

Also, I have gone through this: https://community.blynk.cc/t/nodemcu-not-connecting-to-blynk-local-server/25775aws which definitely helped me a lot.

I have tried restarting both the NodeMCU and the Blynk app, as well as changing the Wi-Fi network, but the issue persists.

Also, I am using the latest version of the Blynk library.

My Wi-Fi network is stable, and I have no issues with other devices connecting to it.

I have double-checked the authentication token and Wi-Fi credentials multiple times.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

The Auth token is only one of the three things that you need to replace in the example sketch. What have you done regarding the BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID and BLYNK_TEMPLATE_NAME ?

It won’t help at all, as it relates to the Legacy version of Blynk.

You don’t say which Blynk example you are using (hopefully one of those installed when you installed the Blynk library) but your comment above suggests that you’ve made some changes regarding the Legacy topic you linked to.

I’d suggest that you post your code (correctly formatted of course - see below).

I’d also suggest that you post your serial output text. This needs to be text rather than a screenshot, and correctly formatted.

When you post code, serial output text or compiler error messages to this forum they need to be correctly formatted with triple backticks at the beginning and end.

Triple backticks look like this:
```

Copy and paste these if you can’t find the correct symbol on your keyboard.

Pete.