My first weather station

Thank you very much, I’ll try and let you know.

Szép munka. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Köszönöm…

I tried it, the code looks good. The XL6009 dc converter has not arrived yet, but the converter used instead has given up. :frowning: But when the XL6009 comes, I’ll test the wind speed and rain gauge, thank you very much for your effort.

1 Like

I can’t check the accuracy of the wind speed gauge but it seems good with the rain gauge. The rain gauge counts one tilt looks good. The wind gauge rolls often, I think I should look for a better place. The xl6009 converter hasn’t arrived yet. Thanks again for the code.

1 Like

3 Likes

Slowly but finally the xl6009 dc converter has arrived …

1 Like

Can’t anyone know how to upload the code to esp32 from android?

I don’t think this is possible as your phone would have to have all the libraries and an IDE.

Unfortunately, the xl6009 is not a lucky choice, if the input voltage drops below 3.5 volts, it will output up to 20 volts at its output. I replaced it with the mt3608.

how to setup the icon?
:grinning:

Which icon?

Are you pretty sure this one is better?

Not sure but I hope so. Although I do not know the connection but now the esp32 processor is hotter according to the program.

If that temperature reading is correct (I think you need to verify it) then it looks like you have a problem.
Have you checked the input voltage on the ESP32?

Pete.

The power supply voltage is 5.0V. Esp32 does not seem to be warm by hand. This phenomenon may be due to the switching frequency of the dc module?

You have enough large capacitors 8n the supply rail that I wouldn’t think that switching frequency is an issue.
Is this reading coming from an internal sensor within the ESP32, or an onboard sensor?

Pete.

uint8_t temprature_sens_read from the internal sensor.

Hi Pete, I’ve gone down this track - same hardware, I have the Wind Vane, BME280, solar panel/battery all working fine . . . but the anemometer is doing my head in (I thought it would be the simplest, but . . .)

I could post you my ‘beta’ anemometer sketch that I’ve tried three different approaches, but just cant seem to get a simple, CONSISTENT reading from any thing. I’ve tried HW ans SW debounce, interrupts, timers, nothing is consistent.

Could you point me in the direction of a bare-bones, basic anemometer sketch based on this Maplin relay SW type . . . once I get a steady reading I’ll work out the calibration/speed/the rest of it etc from there.

TIA, if you wan’t my code you can have it (all three versions . . .) but it will do your head in to . . . :wink:

cul
billd

I’m not @PeteKnight but I am also curious. I am hoping to build this in the future… have you tried down the lines of tachometer sketches? I built one in the past. I can’t remember the code but it times between interrupts. I think with that code it actually timed maybe every other to give the processor time to calculate. It was on an engine running 4K rpm. Am I headed in the right direction?