Multiple devices on dashboard

I have seen some old posts around the issue not being able to display multiple devices on the same dashboard. I’m completely new to all of this, but have managed to create a heater controller using a relay, and temperature sensor with blynk. I want to control multiple heaters using one dashboard via my iphone. I have connected 2 devices and given them different virtual IDs, and can assign them in one dashboard using the same template, but the data does not show unless it’s the virtual ID associated with associated with the particular device. I have read some other posts which indicate there is a way around this, but it looks too complicated. I also have read that this feature was beign worked on in 2021, is this now implemented, is there a way to do this? I’m using the free version currently, is it available on the paid version? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I’m guessing you mean Auth tokens?
If so then it helps if you use the same terminology as Blynk uses.

The app is configured to show each device separately, as separate “tiles”.
If you have multiple devices based on the same template then the dashboard layout is the same for each device, but only the data relating to tbh at device is shown when you open that device’s dashboard.

If you feel that it’s essential to have data and controls for all of your devices one one dashboard then you’ll need to have a device that you regard as the “master” (the one with the dashboard) and your other device(s) as “slaves” that send data to the master, and receive commands from the master too.

You are correct in saying that this isn’t easy to achieve. The simplest way is probably using Automations to pass data (and also commands) from one device to another
But, the functionality associated with that is a little clunky, and you still need to have event handlers in place to use this data when it’s received by one of the devices.

Using the HTTP(S) API is a more powerful approach, and not that difficult provided you are using a device like an ESP8266 or ESP32.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your reply.

I was referring to Blynk’s datastreams as Virtual ID’s ie V0, V1 etc.

It is essential to have data and controls for all the devices in one dashboard, I’m curious as to how to set this up either via a master/slave system or HTTP(S) API, if the HTTP(S) API is not too onerous for a beginner then I’d be happy to try it.

I’m using 2 Pico Ws at the moment and want to extend to 4. Do you think I would be able to achieve this relatively easily?

Any pointers would be gratefully recevied.

Best Steve

Okay, those are virtual pins in Blynk speak.

Take a look at this…

The last option (Node-Red) is what I use for my home automation projects, but it might be an overkill for what you want, but if you need two-way communication between a master and three/four slaves then you’ll need each device to be a device from Blynk’s point of view, and therefore will need to upgrade to a better subscription plan.
These devices will also appear in the app, but would need to be ignored (you wouldn’t create dashboards for them, but the devices would still be there).

With Node-Red Blynk only sees one device and you can have multiple slaves (I have around 25 devices, but only one device from Blynk’s point of view).

Pete.

Hi,

I think both the options you have pointed me to look somewhat involved, I like the idea of Node-Red Blynk and will investigate further.

Is there a good link to a tutorial on this to get started?

Thanks

Steve

It’s in the link I provided.

Pete.