Move auth tokens to a different project?

Is it possible to move auth tokens (devices) to a different project?

Not yet, but we are working on disconnecting devices and projects so that they can be used independently.

Any progress in this regard?

1 Like

@Pavel,

On the Business side …

• A Blynk Project becomes a Business App / Face
  • Blynk.Inject associates dynamic auth tokens with a Business App / Face
  • If a new Business App (release) is required (say, to add a new Blynk feature), existing dynamic auth tokens are re-associated with the new Business App / Face

Do I have this right?

On the Free side …

• A Blynk Project becomes a My App / Face
  • Blynk.Inject associates dynamic auth tokens with a My App / Face [I know this because if I delete a My App, the corresponding auth tokens are invalidated]
  • If a new My App is required (either involving the same project or even a different project), is there a way to re-associate existing dynamic auth tokens with the new My App / Face?

Joe

We have description of Updates here: http://help.blynk.cc/publishing-apps-made-with-blynk/updating-the-apps-made-with-blynk

In business apps devices are already a separate entity, not connected with project.

Thank you, @Pavel! I’d read that. That’s actually what prompted my question. It wasn’t clear from reading the blog how the association between user accounts, projects, apps, faces and dynamic auth tokens (and static auth tokens for that matter) is maintained. And whether the approach differs on the Business and Free side.

So from April 2018 when you said,

… that was working on disconnecting devices and projects with Business Apps? And that work is complete. Can we carry that work over to the Free side? Please?

… that was working on disconnecting devices and projects with Business Apps? And that work is complete. Can we carry that work over to the Free side? Please?

On the app’s side it would be available until at least the start of summer.

On the Free side? That would be a major step towards viable app sharing with dynamic provisioning.

It was mentioned a few times that majot platform upgrade is coming. Please stay tuned for announcement in May for more details.