Mobile Connection Issues (Again)

I have read many people having a problem with the app when moving from a wifi connection to mobile.

The recommendation seems to be that you should change to the actual IP address.
Mine is 45.55.96.146
I have also tethered my mac to my iPhone and did a port scan on this IP address. It says that port 443 is open.

So, with an IP of 45.55.96.146 and a port of 443 I still can’t connect on mobile. I can on Wifi

Any other thoughts - are some other ports used in the app?

Cheers
Michael

The port needs to stay the same (9443) but the IP obviously needs to change as you are also probably moving from LAN to WAN…

So what I do is set up a NoIP.com DDNS redirect address and use that address in my App instead of the different IPs. Works perfectly over WiFi or cellular, inside or outside of my network,

Of course i am using a Local Server… you didn’t clarify your case.

Thanks for your response.

I have tethered my mac to my iPhone and the IP address is 45.55.96.146. In my view the IP address my mac gets when connected through my phone’s hotspot should be the same as the phone gets. When I use this IP address it goes not work. The IP address happens to be the same on Wifi or cellular (tethered through my iPhone)

Not using a local server

This is usually in reference to connecting back to their home network based Local Server

Then I don’t know what all your other computer IP and port stuff is about…

Just set your App Server settings to Blynk (usually the default) and as long as your phone has internet access The App should connect.

As for any of your hardware devices… same thing, as long as they connect to the internet (through your phones shared WiFi hotspot perhaps?), then they should connect to the Cloud server with the basic…

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

or

Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass);