BBC Microbit connectivity issue with Blynk

facing the same issue here !

i am facing the same issue here as well.

Quoting @Gunner from another thread:

Well, start with enabling debug serial output, then post serial monitor output and your sketch here… then perhaps someone will then be able to assist.

#define BLYNK_DEBUG

Don’t forget your sketch!

@Kenneth_Phang Please stop posting “me toos” in other’s topics… I have already moved all your posts into your own Topic.

As also already recommended… Please supply YOUR details here.

Hi Gunner,

The details is on the github issue link https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/issues/459

So… if you already posted a github issue, why bother with all the unnecessary “same issue” posting here? The developers will see your github post, and if it is a valid issue they will deal with it.

BTW, you know that the Micro Bit topic you referenced was over two years ago Have you looked at the more current documentation about it?

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/arduino/bbc-microbit-arduino-ide

yes bro that is the guide I am following… so there isn’t any other forum to ask question.

I also realize the tutorial is different from the examples code provided by the Blynk library

On the tutorial it include the BTSerial.h file but on the actual Blynk example codes is doesn’t have it

#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT
#define BLYNK_DEBUG
#define DEBUG 1
#include <BlynkSimpleBLEPeripheral.h>
#include <BLEPeripheral.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = "ssssssss";

// Create ble serial instance, parameters are ignored for MicroBit
BLESerial SerialBLE(0, 0, 0);

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  // Configure on-board buttons

SerialBLE.setLocalName("Blynk");
  SerialBLE.setDeviceName("Blynk");
  SerialBLE.setAppearance(0x0080);
  SerialBLE.begin();

Serial.println("Waiting for connections...");

Blynk.begin(SerialBLE, auth);

}

void loop() {
  SerialBLE.poll();

if (SerialBLE) {    // If BLE is connected...
    Blynk.run();
  }
}

I consider myself not a noob to blynk. I did deliver some IOT project using the esp32, UNO and esp8266. So recently a local school here ask me to try Microbit aka kid’s micro controller

I have try all the stuff I can … the only thing I have not try is setting up a local server :slight_smile:

I even try Adafruit Microbit library to make sure there isn’t any problem with my phone, PC, BLE and the microbit. I have 3-5 microbits seating around my desk all tried. Yup indeed on the Adafruit library everything works fine.

The developers are apparently busy on some new thing… but the GitHub post is your best bet if there is an actual Blynk issue.

This forum is more for users helping users, and as you can see the MicroBit is not overly common.