Need help with a packet issue (Micro:Bit and Blynk)

Hello, people of the Blynk forum, I am glad to come here to ask for your help. I am trying to control a BBC Micro:Bit with BLE in a Blynk application. My phone is an iOS iPhone 6 with Blynk library version 0.5.4. I have followed this guide by Blynk on how to do this, but I have run into a concern and into a problem. I flash the code for the micro:bit with my auth code included, and try to connect to it with a BLE widget. However, I look at the Serial output the Micro:Bit generates, and this happens:

[686212] Connecting...
[695212] Connecting...
[704212] Connecting...
[713212] Connecting...
[722212] Connecting...
[731212] Connecting...
[740212] Connecting...
[749212] Connecting...
[[848212] Connecting...
[853949] Packet too big: 12385
[853982] Packet too big: 12848
[854015] Packet too big: 14129
[857048] Connecting...
[857212] Connecting...

The “packet too big” errors happen the second I try connecting to the micro:bit with the BLE widget. A concern that I have with this is that when it tells me to go to “Tools -> nRF5 Flash SoftDevice”, I cannot find the option under that menu, after trying to reset the Arduino IDE, too. I’m using BLEPeripheral 0.4.0 and “Nordic Semiconductor nRF5 Boards” version 0.6.0.

Here is my sketch.

#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

#include <BlynkSimpleBLEPeripheral.h>
#include <BLEPeripheral.h>

char auth[] = "(auth code)";

BLESerial SerialBLE(0, 0, 0);

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

SerialBLE.setLocalName("Micro:Bit");
  SerialBLE.setDeviceName("Micro:Bit");
  SerialBLE.setAppearance(0x0080);
  SerialBLE.begin();

Serial.println("Waiting for connections...");

Blynk.begin(SerialBLE, auth);
}

void loop() {
  SerialBLE.poll();

if (SerialBLE) Blynk.run();
}

Thank you for any help, and please tell me if I missed any detail needed.

Blynk over BT/BLE seem to have reliability issues… based on the number of current posts and BT/BLE’s beta status. Thus is is a good idea to search out and try a few non-Blynk examples to confirm your hardware connectivity and hardware.

Unfortunately, without having your same hardware many will be unable to properly assist here… but some pointers…

Search the forum for related topics in case that say something helpful - Search results for 'micro bit' - Blynk Community

Double Check that you have properly installed that board into the IDE, you might Google around a bit about it, in case something may have changed since the writing of the document?

GitHub - sandeepmistry/arduino-nRF5: Arduino Core for Nordic Semiconductor nRF5 based boards*

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microbit issue