Making a digital pin as a source

Hi guys i am sorry for asking this dumb question, but i am trying to make the digital pin 6 as the 5v source from my Arduino Uno but even using the multimeter the digital pin does not give any output.Here are my codes. Thanks in advance

void setup()
{  
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);
  dht.begin();
  SerialBLE.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(SerialBLE, auth);
  // pinMode(13, INPUT_PULLUP);
  pinMode(6,OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(6,HIGH);

Serial.println("Waiting for connections...");

// Setup a function to be called every second
  timer.setInterval(5000L, sendSensor);
  timer.setInterval(50L, buttonLedWidget3);
  timer.setInterval(50L, buttonLedWidget2);
  timer.setInterval(50L, buttonLedWidget1);

}

Try putting pinMode() and digitalWrite() as the first 2 lines of setup() and see if the meter registers the 5V.
Also consider commenting out the last 3 timer.setInterval()'s.

Presumably you are not using pin 6 in the Blynk app?

With a digital multimeter, or a high impedance analogue meter, you should be able to measure the +5v on a GPIO pin that’s set to HIGH. That’s provided that there’s nothing else connected to that pin.

The Uno can supply a Maximum of 40ma per GPIO PIN, so be be very careful what it is you’re trying to power.

If you’re not getting an output from the GPIO pin then maybe you’ve already connected something that draws too much power and killed that pin?

If you want to power something that need more than 40ma then a relay or transistor acting as an electronic switch is probably the simplest solution.

Pete.

I tried and place it on the first 2 lines … it works Thank You very much

I tried to power a HC 05 bluetooth module . I will check the datasheet and if it draw more than 40ma , i had to resort of using transistor or relay…Thank You for replying btw

I thought the HC05 was a 3.3v device.
If you’re trying to do power saving, isn’t it best to put the module into standby mode rather than cutting its power?

Pete.

I would to make some sort of reset function like turn the hc 05 off for 1 sec and then turn it on back.