Make Blynk work with OTG

Hi, I recently found Blynk and it’s a very cool app, but it needs Internet and a computer to communicate with Arduino.

I really like Blynk, it’s easy to use, looks really nice and has lots of cool features. But why only wireless?

Many people have asked for OTG, and I also want to create things without Internet and a computer.
I want to make something compact that I can take with me, without the need of Internet.

I’m working on something and haven’t found an app like Blynk that works with OTG, they all suck and are useless.

Please try to make Blynk work with OTG. I just want to use an usb cable to connect Arduino directly to my Android phone.

Please don’t just mark this topic as solved and say sorry, please try making something so we can use Blynk without Internet and a computer. Or tell me how I can achieve something similar with an app that is as easy to use and looks as cool as Blynk.

Thank you for your request, but the answer has already been provided.

Please understand that the Blynk developers have a purpose and target goal. Currently this is for a Wireless Only product.

As for how you can find or make you own app that does what Blynk does (heresy, I know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )… well that is a totally different subject worthy of Google search :wink:

PS - You can always use BT/BLE for many of Blynk’s features without “internet” or server… but it is not as fully featured and functional as a proper IoT setup…

Take a Pi Zero W with you. It’s about the size of a credit card and run’s Blynk as a local server.

2 Likes

Why not just sharing your internet access from your android or ios device? Use the cloud and you are just using your arduino and your mobile…