Magic cube with Led strip light

you and I are gonna be good friends :smiley: i love it!

show me hue blend +1 :smiley:

Could I get any numbers on the powerconsumption :D? How many leds and amps do you max out ^^?

Man I love this project u made
So far I have 4 projects and they are all in one just need to change the menu what ever location u need and u can control it amazing
Next am gunna be doing my gazebo and swimming pool
But I think I need signal boost for the power and the data coz so far just two rolls of leds am
Able to connect together witch is 600 leds

1 Like

Hello sir
In this project am using Ws2811 and total leds are 200
I installed 5 amp power supply 5vdc
The max amps that is drawing is less than 1 amp when I choice the pattern rainbow
But if I choice one color max amps is 1.2
Thanks

1 Like

Is the code and blynk app available for this somewhere please ?

Cheers

kev

Hello u can find it here

cheers

@dananmo

Is you magic cube running exactly the same software as the shelf though it looks different ???

Cheers

kev

Hello
It’s the same code just had to change which led strip am using and the names and zones and number of leds
The shelf one is belong to @Jamin I did the magic cube according to his idea and am doing other thing also the same idea just add more zones and menus
:slight_smile:

1 Like

My shelf video is actually from the very start of the project. I added loads of features since then if you check out the github repo.

thanks @Jamin - so this code used on the cube would look like the video of the cube in the project correct ?

Cheers

kev

another question how is he powering those leds in the cube I only see one mini usb cable going to the cube ???

Cheers

kev

Well the great thing with Blynk is that you could customise the interface how you like.

The QR Code on the github repo is will bring up all the options which you can rearrange.

Help me out here @Jamin as I am very new to addressable LEDs and want to get right into it - so are you saying the cube has different software to your shelf code as @dananmo pointed me to your shelf code as if that was being used directly in the cube ???

Cheers

Kev

The 5V pin on the D1 mini is connected directly to the USB 5V, as is ground. So he is just passing it through.

Its not how I would do it because of current loads on as tiny traces. I would hide the ESP away in the center and run a DC jack to the edge which you could then split to power each part in parallel.

Its all Blynk, running the same code. Its just the interface you refer to is re-arrange able…

Looks like @dananmo has changed it according to his preferrence :slight_smile:

ok so the code is the same and will produce the same effects as the cube shows in the video? Do you just mean the blynk user interface is different ?

Cheers

kev

Yes correct. However again, you can add you own patterns easily as it uses the FastLED library which is well documented.

great thanks for that - so am I correct in assuming 30 led strip per m takes approx 1 Amp - therefore 33ma per led, so in the cube 24 leds @33ma = 792 ma and if so is he just getting that through the usb lead from a usb type wall charger ?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Cheers

kev

Just a heads up, if I recall correctly, the currentdraw has to do with color display, if all RGB are fully lit it was somewhere 60 mA per LED for WS2812 type atleast.

This is more than any ESP device GPIO can handle (12mA max) so in short yes the power is comming straight from the charger and ESP gpio is used to program led for color and intensity.

1 Like