Long period "OFFLINE IGNORE PERIOD" but still notifications

As I have a device that is shutdown at 19:00 and resumed at 08:00 (power is cut). I tried setting the “offline ignore period” to 15 hours to prevent getting notifications every day.

I assumed the result of this would be that I only get notified when the device is continuously offline for 15 hrs.

But I still got notifications while the total offline period did not exceed 15 hrs:

(I also log restart reasons as events, am working on the panics… esp restarts fine after these, but wanted to add them for giving a complete log overview)

It seems the offline ignore period starts counting after the first time the device goes offline (black and blue underlined times) but does not get reset when the device comes online again?
It does come online as I do have entries in the data report:

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand the “offline ignore period” setting?

When you talk about “notifications” are you referring to pop-up notifications on the mobile device Home Screen, or events appearing in the timeline or the reports that you download?

How do the reports compare to what you see in the timeline?

The help screen on this setting only talks about hiding these on the timeline, not from reports…

Offline Ignore Period

Offline ignore period is an option that allows you to hide “offline” event on the device timeline. For example, let’s say you set the offline ignore period to 1 minute and we have the next device log:

17:44:33 - device connects 17:44:40 - device disconnects 17:44:50 - device connects again

With offline ignore period set to 1 minute your device timeline will show only 1 event:

17:44:33 device connects

This is because device reconnected within the 1 minute interval. Without offline ignore period set your timeline will show all the above events.

Pete.

With notifications I indeed meant notifications in the mobile app.
(I checked the reports as I did not understand the notifications)

Event data in the report is the same as in the timeline.

The reported “offline for 6h 48min” is incorrect, the device is offline from 19:00 till 8:00 so 13 hours.
(my heartbeat is 60 secs)

Hello all,

Did someone manage to solve this?
I have the same issue, and the behavior I see in the “Device Timeline” (App and Web) screen does not behave as described in docs: Offline Ignore Period - Blynk Documentation
I have a paid subscription to Blynk.

• The Offline Ignore Period I set in the device template: 10 mins
  • My devices wakes up from sleep every 3 minutes, sends some data and returns to sleep. Wake-time is around 2 s, sleep time 180s.
  • Yet in the timeline I see a lot of Device Online, Device Offline, basically every 3 minutes.
  • So frequent in fact, that ‘the event threshold is reached’ and I am no longer getting actual important events!