Long Duration while connecting to Blynk Quickstart using ESP8266

I wanted to connect my nodemcu(esp8266) with blynk. I tried the quickstart first, however the duration is too long to connect. It display connecting to (wifi) . Also, I need to press the RST on ep8266 first before the serial monitor display that output. I already check the ssid and password on arduino ide to be the same as the one I entered on the quickstart. How can I solve this?

What does your serial monitor show?
Post the text (not a screenshot) by copying and pasting it with triple backticks at the beginning and end so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Copy and paste these if you can’t find the correct symbol on your keyboard.

Pete.

[quote=“PeteKnight, post:2, topic:68892”]
i do not know what all those unknown character in the beginning even though the baud is alrady 115200, this is the serial monitor:
gnd`gs���o bl�lp�o� s������ cn�| � c��'n� l`�no l`a's���o b��`{��g c��`� ���d`��o�d���e�o�r��g|�d�$`b� �|{�l�o��g� d`��{�l�l� �[78] Connecting to Test1

Your device isn’t able to connect to your WiFi
It Test1 is the correct SSID and you’ve entered the correct password (remember that both are case-sensitive, so test1 is different to Test1) then you should check that this is a 2.4GHz network, not a 5GHz network.
The ESP8266 is only able to operate on 2.4GHz WiFi.

If you’re using a phone to create the Test1 hotspot then check your phone settings to ensure that it’s using 2.4GHz for the hotspot. I know that newer iPhones default to 5GHz for hotspots and you have to manually force 2.4GHz to be used.

Those “unknown characters” is information outputted by your ESP8266 during boot-up. This info is outputted at 74880 baud.
If you change the Serial.begin() command to use 74880 baud and change the baud rate in your serial monitor to match then you’ll be able to read both the boot messages and the serial debug messages.

Pete.

The problem have been solved! Thank you Pete. Really appreciate it

1 Like